Problem Downloading Transactions from LPL Financial account

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: One Step Update with LPL Financial Brokerage Account.

Comments

• Jerry Byrum
    Jerry Byrum Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have a problem downloading transactions from my LPL Financial account. I added the account on Quicken and it found my account on the LPL website. When I try to update it goes through the motions, even requiring the extra security step of sending a code via text but no transactions are downloaded. I can export/import the data using a QFX file but I would much rather download directly if it is possible. any suggestions? Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100 macOS 12.1)
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a problem downloading transactions from my LPL Financial account. I added the account on Quicken and it found my account on the LPL website. When I try to update it goes through the motions, even requiring the extra security step of sending a code via text but no transactions are downloaded. I can export/import the data using a QFX file but I would much rather download directly if it is possible. any suggestions? Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100 macOS 12.1)
    Hello @Jerry Byrum,   

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this trouble with transaction downloads. Thank you for bringing this matter up for discussion with the Quicken community. 

First, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. I recommend making this a habit when using Quicken for Mac as it is extremely helpful in a wide variety of contexts. Next, go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services in the same upper menu and click Reset next to your Cloud Account information. This should reset the cloud and will be the first step in seeking a resolution for a problem like this.

I hope this is helpful and look forward to any further correspondence I may receive in regards to this subject.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • munchkinfan
    munchkinfan Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi @Jerry Byrum Have you checked to see if the download is set to detailed tracking or simple tracking? If it is set to Simple tracking, you won't get the individual transactions. That said, my LPL account used to allow detailed tracking and that stopped at some point with one of the Quicken updates, I think. I'm still trouble shooting. When trying to reset up the download for my LPL accounts, it says the institution only allow Simple tracking, but I'm not convinced this is true vs. there is a bug in Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.