Updated my Quicken - columns for deposits & running balance are now missing

jsslas
jsslas Member
The column icon does not have a "deposit" or "balance" in the list of options.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Answers

• jsslas
    jsslas Member
    Also, the column icon does not have a "deposit" or "balance" option to select.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jsshala,

Which type of account are you in, when you have these issues?  Is  this a new account or one that has existed for some time and that you used to be able to see the columns that you indicated are no longer there. or available?  What have you done, so far, to try and fix the issue?  Do you have a recent backup file?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jsslas
    jsslas Member
    I am in my checking account. Very simple--just money in and money out for one checking account. I am trying to reinstate the columns "deposit" and "running balance" and can't figure out how to do this. There is no selection for either on the drop down menu for columns.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    [Removed - Windows]

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jsslas
    jsslas Member
    No. My menu drop down does not have deposit or balance choices
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    [Removed - Windows]

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jsslas
    jsslas Member
    I see absolutely no gear icon..anywhere...I am so sorry. Also, could you please amend my "user name" to "samsam". I did not mean to put my personal name in the user id (or get a moderator to do this please?)

I've never had problems with Quicken before. And no idea why my two columns simply disappeared after I updated. There has to be a simple way to get a running balance in the check register itself. There is a "today's balance" on the top right side of the screen above the register...but not in the check register.

Thank you.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Show us what you are seeing. Please capture the relevant part of the screen to an image file and drag that file into the comment box with your next reply.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jsslas
    jsslas Member
    Please change my user name to "samsam".
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Thanks for the screen shots. You posted in the Windows section of the forum but you're on a Mac. So we're all confused. I don't know QMac, but it appears you are looking at a combination of all your Banking accounts. Narrow it to look at a single account and I imagine the missing columns will appear.

• jsslas
    jsslas Member
    I'm sorry. I meant to post under Mac...where shall I go now? I only have a single account...(labeled cash) and it's the same screen as in "Banking" and as in "All Transactions".

Please change my user name from jsshaia to "samsam". Thank you.

Please advise where I should go now...
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited January 2022
    Click on the > next to Banking in the left column. Your account name should appear below that. Click the account name.

Only an administrator or moderator can change your user name. I've flagged this for their attention.

• jsslas
    jsslas Member
    I have. Same screen. See attached.

I am grateful for your help. Thank you.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    What you're looking at is not an account but an account group. If you click on Banking that should open up into several subgroups: Cash, Savings and Credit Cards being a few of the options depending on exactly what type of accounts you have. If you click on one of those headings it should open up to show your actual accounts. Something like this:

You can't see the "balance" column for an account group (like "Banking") because it doesn't really have a balance. When you select one of the account groups, you're just seeing a combined list of all the transactions in all those accounts; you can see the current sum of all the individual account balances ("Today's Balance") but not a running account balance column:

You need to select an actual account (like "Citi Checking") to get the Balance column to appear:

As for the Deposit column, that will only show up for certain account types. Checking accounts have it available but credit card accounts only have Payment & AMount columns.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    One thing to add to (new) QMac Superuser @Jon's answer: If you click the three-dot (...) icon at the top of the sidebar, you can select Expand All Sidebar Groups which will reveal all the individual accounts in the sidebar.

@jsshaia This post has been reported to the moderator team. They will move the post to QMac section and change your username for you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.