ReinvLg No Longer Works

ersatzcookie
ersatzcookie Member ✭✭
I am no longer able to enter Long Term and Short Term Capital Gains correctly into my Quicken mutual fund account registers. ReinvLG and ReinvSh no longer appear in the list of transaction entry choices. I can hand-edit and overwrite the false transaction types in the transaction window, but, when I select Save, Quicken overwrites my transaction type and replaces each with ReinvDiv. When I select edit, the capital gains are displayed correctly in their capital gains fields in each transaction. However, the only transaction type Quicken will now allow is ReinvDiv.

I have read through similar threads concerning the Charles Schwab transactions. Others have mentioned hand-editing the entries successfully, but I cannot. I have tried deleting the erroneous entries and closing the Quicken program, even rebooting the computer. But nothing works. Capital gains transactions from previous years appear to be so far unaffected.

What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you selected ReinDiv from the dropdown? I need to do this for Fidelity and the Long, Med and Short all show up for edit.
  • ersatzcookie
    ersatzcookie Member ✭✭
    Yes, but the LM&S do not show up in the transaction dropdown. However, the amount fields show up under the data entry fields on the right.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how you entered in the past, but this is the screen I was referring to.

You can edit as needed.
  • ersatzcookie
    ersatzcookie Member ✭✭
    Thanks.

Previous years I was able to enter LG Capital Gains as ReinvLG but that doesn't seem to work anymore. LG capital gains are treated differently by the IRS than regular dividends so I was hoping to track them accurately in Quicken.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the gains are reinvested, the screen presented is how to enter them. They are not dividends if entered this way and are reported/reflected correctly in Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.