How about an update on the "investment transactions not downloading" bug, please?

Despite successful connections to banks and investment institutions daily over the past week, transactions are still not downloading (in my case, from Raymond James). It's been at least a week, now. Any progress on a fix for this?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    RalphB said:
    Despite successful connections to banks and investment institutions daily over the past week, transactions are still not downloading (in my case, from Raymond James). It's been at least a week, now. Any progress on a fix for this?
    Hello @RalphB,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing connection issues, and I appreciate that you are taking the time to reach out to the Quicken Community for discussion of this problem.

Before I recommend any troubleshooting guidelines, I do have a few questions. When did you first notice the trouble with connections occurring? Is this happening with other accounts besides those associated with Raymond James? What - if any - error messages are you noticing when you try to link these accounts?

I look forward to any replies you may be able to provide and I hope to continue working with you on this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • RalphB
    RalphB Member ✭✭
    Jared -
    This problem began immediately following the most recent Quicken Mac "update" to v 6.5.1. In my case, it began on Thursday, January 13, 2022.
    After the "update," I was required by Q to re-link to my Raymond James accounts, which I did. The re-linking proceeded as normal; no errors reported. No error messages of any kind.

Following that re-linking of my RJ accounts, Q successfully connected to all those accounts (and to my other financial institutions as well). The "Account status" window showed (and continues to show) successful connections each time I connect. No error messages of any kind.

However, despite those successful connections, no transactions have downloaded from my Raymond James accounts since February 13, 2022. The RJ account balances do successfully update based on market conditions. Only the transactions fail to download. (Still, no error messages of any kind.)

During the same period, transactions from ALL my other institutions (several different banks and credit card accounts) continued to connect and download transactions successfully.
    Only the RJ accounts persist in "successful" connections but without downloading any transactions.

I have repeatedly submitted "Report a problem" reports from within Q, including sending those data files Q requests. At first, I reported the problem only twice. But in the past week, I have been filing that "problem" report daily, hoping to prompt some action by Q. I have also been observing the several other "community" complaints about similar symptoms with other investment institutions, always also observing Q's response... which has been that it's being addressed, with "no ETA" for a solution.

Please let me know what additional information you might need, but I think I've completely and accurately described the symptoms.

Thank you for your attention to this serious problem.
  • Quicken Jared
    RalphB said:
    Jared -
    This problem began immediately following the most recent Quicken Mac "update" to v 6.5.1. In my case, it began on Thursday, January 13, 2022.
    After the "update," I was required by Q to re-link to my Raymond James accounts, which I did. The re-linking proceeded as normal; no errors reported. No error messages of any kind.

Following that re-linking of my RJ accounts, Q successfully connected to all those accounts (and to my other financial institutions as well). The "Account status" window showed (and continues to show) successful connections each time I connect. No error messages of any kind.

However, despite those successful connections, no transactions have downloaded from my Raymond James accounts since February 13, 2022. The RJ account balances do successfully update based on market conditions. Only the transactions fail to download. (Still, no error messages of any kind.)

During the same period, transactions from ALL my other institutions (several different banks and credit card accounts) continued to connect and download transactions successfully.
    Only the RJ accounts persist in "successful" connections but without downloading any transactions.

I have repeatedly submitted "Report a problem" reports from within Q, including sending those data files Q requests. At first, I reported the problem only twice. But in the past week, I have been filing that "problem" report daily, hoping to prompt some action by Q. I have also been observing the several other "community" complaints about similar symptoms with other investment institutions, always also observing Q's response... which has been that it's being addressed, with "no ETA" for a solution.

Please let me know what additional information you might need, but I think I've completely and accurately described the symptoms.

Thank you for your attention to this serious problem.
    Hello @RalphB,

Thanks for updating me and clarifying the issue. I am sorry that this problem is continuing to affect you.

First, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Be sure to do this often whenever using the Quicken application. Next, go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services and click Reset next to your cloud account information in that window. 

I hope this is helpful, and I will continue checking into this thread as often as possible and working with you on this, if necessary.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • RalphB
    RalphB Member ✭✭
    Followed your instructions. Made backup. Reset connections. Bug persists. Raymond James connections are "successful," but don't download any transactions. All other institutions continue to download transaction just fine.
  • Quicken Jared
    RalphB said:
    Followed your instructions. Made backup. Reset connections. Bug persists. Raymond James connections are "successful," but don't download any transactions. All other institutions continue to download transaction just fine.
    @RalphB,

I do apologize that the trouble is persisting, and I thank you for continuing to check back in and follow up with me about this.

Next, we will disconnect all accounts associated with Raymond James. In order to do this, select each Raymond James account in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window, then go to Account > Settings > Downloads in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then click Disconnect Account. Do this for each account, selecting them one by one. You can then begin to relink the accounts by going back to the same location and clicking Connect Account.

I hope this is helpful, and I appreciate any updates you may be able to provide regarding this problem, should you get the chance to check in with us once more.

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 

• RalphB
    RalphB Member ✭✭
    OK. Did these steps. Disconnected each individual RJ account, one by one. Then reconnected. When I reconnected, Quicken found ALL my RJ accounts, and asked me to "link" them to the ones in my Q file... which I did. Then Q started a connection session, during which it connected with all my institutions, including RJ, "successfully" (status window).
    I did receive a screen from Q asserting that "my institution" (RJ) did not allow detailed tracking of transactions, only "simple" tracking. (That's new, and inconsistent with years of RJ tracking history.) Q would not allow me to select the "detailed" tracking option. (I tried to get a screenshot, but the message disappeared after a few seconds.)
    My accounts all connected, but, still, no transactions downloaded from RJ. And now, Q won't let me click on the "transactions" tab in my registers.
    I am able to select "detailed" tracking again in the "settings" window. But only transactions downloaded prior to January 13, 2022 appear in the list.
  • Quicken Jared
    RalphB said:
    OK. Did these steps. Disconnected each individual RJ account, one by one. Then reconnected. When I reconnected, Quicken found ALL my RJ accounts, and asked me to "link" them to the ones in my Q file... which I did. Then Q started a connection session, during which it connected with all my institutions, including RJ, "successfully" (status window).
    I did receive a screen from Q asserting that "my institution" (RJ) did not allow detailed tracking of transactions, only "simple" tracking. (That's new, and inconsistent with years of RJ tracking history.) Q would not allow me to select the "detailed" tracking option. (I tried to get a screenshot, but the message disappeared after a few seconds.)
    My accounts all connected, but, still, no transactions downloaded from RJ. And now, Q won't let me click on the "transactions" tab in my registers.
    I am able to select "detailed" tracking again in the "settings" window. But only transactions downloaded prior to January 13, 2022 appear in the list.
    Hello @RalphB,          

I appreciate you continuing to keep in contact with me about this issue, and sorry to hear that this is happening.

Detailed tracking is a service that has to be provided by a financial institution as a part of the connection they offer for Quicken software. It appears as though Raymond James has discontinued this service recently. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

I do hope that you will feel welcome to bring any additional concerns or questions before the Quicken Community.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • RalphB
    RalphB Member ✭✭
    OK. I'm just posting this in case it helps other users with this problem.
    Jared asserted above: "Detailed tracking is a service that has to be provided by a financial institution as a part of the connection they offer for Quicken software. It appears as though Raymond James has discontinued this service recently."

Well, it turns out that Raymond James has not, in fact, discontinued detailed tracking service at all. RJ continues (uninterrupted) to provide detailed tracking through Quicken. But RJ uses "Direct Connect" (not "Quicken Connect") to provide this service.

What appears to have happened is: When Quicken served me its 6.5.1 update in mid-January, the Q software update did not retain my previous user settings for "Direct Connect" for Raymond James accounts... changing that selection to Q's default of "Quicken Connect." I failed to notice the distinction when I was reconnecting after the 6.5.1 Q update, so my RJ connections changed to "Quicken Connect," effectively disabling my years-long "detailed tracking" in Quicken.

Once RJ's tech support observed the "Quicken Connect" change, and I reverted to "Direct Connect," all has been well, instantly.

Regrettably, the similarity of download protocol naming ("Direct Connect"/"Quicken Connect") makes this an easy switch to miss. Likewise, the failure to retain previous user selections of download protocol also gave me the slip-up.

Thanks to the helpful Raymond James tech support group for taking the time and effort to help me navigate this troubling disruption.