Cannot connect to Wells Fargo Checking or Credit card

Options
WillyH
WillyH Member ✭✭
Cannot get the transactions from Wells fargo this weekend . It has been working fine for quite a while. Everthing is able to download and i have not changed anything. Tried a few times. Whats up?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello @WillyH

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what error codes or messages are you getting? Is this occurring with one or multiple accounts? Also, what connection method are you using? 

To check the connection method being used select the account in question then Settings >Downloads. 

Once we have more information we can move forward with providing the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • WillyH
    WillyH Member ✭✭
    Options
    It says "download error (-31)" END USER ACTION REQUIRED etc aAnd under Action : Go to Site When I go to the site everything works as always . I have not changed my password or made any changes
    This account has been working fine for as long as I can remember. Everything else downloads just fine.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    WillyH said:
    It says "download error (-31)" END USER ACTION REQUIRED etc aAnd under Action : Go to Site When I go to the site everything works as always . I have not changed my password or made any changes
    This account has been working fine for as long as I can remember. Everything else downloads just fine.
    Hello @WillyH,   

I am sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. Thank you for keeping in touch with us and seeking further information here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. This is a procedure that we recommend in almost all situations before any further troubleshooting is attempted. In this case, we may have to disconnect the account from online banking services, but only after searching Wells Fargo's website for any message or notification that will allow third-party application access, or otherwise relate to security settings. 

So, in order to do this:
    1. Sign in to the affected financial institution's website.
    2. Search for any messages or notifications relating to security or Quicken activation. (ex: some banks have a pop-up window that requires approval before they will allow downloads to Quicken)
    3. In Quicken, attempt to download transactions again.
    If the issue has not been resolved, follow these steps:
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts.
    2. In the List column, find the account(s) causing the error and uncheck any accounts with this bank (be sure to uncheck all accounts with the bank, even if they're not showing an error). NOTE: If you don't have any accounts checked in the List column, skip this step and click OK.
    3. In the Account View, highlight each account (one at a time) and click the Settings button on the bottom right of the screen.
    4. Under the At Your Financial Institution section, click on Downloads, then click on Disconnect Account.
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to deactivate each account for the affected bank.
    You can then reconnect the account by going through the following :
    1. Click on Connect Account in the Downloads tab.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the banks, click the My bank is not listed question mark, then Update List; when the list finishes updating, it should display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
    3. Type the name of your bank and select it from the list, then enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    4. Quicken will display a list of all the accounts you have with this bank. Carefully link each of these accounts to the appropriate account you've setup in Quicken.
    I look forward to any update you may provide regarding this situation, should you be able to check back in with us.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.