PNC Direct Connect not working

sycamore1234
sycamore1234 Member ✭✭
I have been on the phone / chat for nearly 3 hours now. Quicken not helpful at all. Called PNC Online and they say that there is an issue with the Quicken Cloud. Ever since I updated to the most recent version of Quicken for Mac, some of my accounts don't update. I use Direct Connect and when I update my accounts, it appears to be updating but no new transactions load. PNC says its working on their end as they are sending the info to quicken but when it goes to quicken cloud it's not updating within my quicken software. How do we get this fixed? [Removed-Disruptive]

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have been on the phone / chat for nearly 3 hours now. Quicken not helpful at all. Called PNC Online and they say that there is an issue with the Quicken Cloud. Ever since I updated to the most recent version of Quicken for Mac, some of my accounts don't update. I use Direct Connect and when I update my accounts, it appears to be updating but no new transactions load. PNC says its working on their end as they are sending the info to quicken but when it goes to quicken cloud it's not updating within my quicken software. How do we get this fixed? [Removed-Disruptive]
    Hello @sycamore1234,

I apologize that you are experiencing this difficulty with connecting to online banking services. I thank you for contacting us about this issue here on the Quicken Community.

If the problem is, indeed, an issue with the cloud, we can try a couple of troubleshooting steps in order to resolve this. First, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Next, go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services in the same, upper menu and then click Reset next to your cloud account information. This should reset the cloud in your Quicken application.

Thanks again for reaching out to the Quicken Community, and I hope to continue speaking with you about this, should the need arise.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • sycamore1234
    sycamore1234 Member ✭✭
    Followed your instructions but it didn't update the account. Checking updates fine but money market does not. Both worked for years and both set up exactly the same way using direct connect
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Followed your instructions but it didn't update the account. Checking updates fine but money market does not. Both worked for years and both set up exactly the same way using direct connect
    Hello @sycamore1234,   

I am sorry that the issue seems to be ongoing. Thank you for checking back in with me and keeping me updated on the situation.

Have you tried signing out of Quicken and then signing back in? You can do this by going to Quicken > Sign Out in the menu at the top of the screen. Sign back in when prompted using your QuickenID and Quicken.com password. Try to update the account as normally once you are able to access the application.

I hope to hear from you about any further updates, should you have the chance to get back to us here on the Quicken Community.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • sycamore1234
    sycamore1234 Member ✭✭
    Tried that multiple times and does not work. I can change the connection type to quicken connect and it works but direct connect, which I've used for a very long time, does not work - it will not update the transactions
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @sycamore1234

Thank you for your response. For this particular instance, I would recommend contacting the financial institutions' escalation/online team. If Direct Connect is the preferred method we are unable to escalate the issue on our end because we do not have access to the bank's server(s). Again pardon the inconvenience and frustration caused by this issue. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • sycamore1234
    sycamore1234 Member ✭✭
    I did that and they determined the issue was on the quicken side as they could see the data being sent to quicken but quicken is not updating. They suggested it's an issue with the quicken cloud. Again, my checking account works but for some reason, my MMA activity is not updating.
This discussion has been closed.