downloaded my Quicken to a new Windows computer; it is not updating

Options
lmurph
lmurph Member ✭✭
Download to my new computer went well; everything seems to be there. But when I click update, it looks like it is connecting and says it updates, but nothing is marked as cleared. I have been without the old one for a couple of weeks. Just got the new computer set up today. So there are a lot of transactions.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Imurph,

How did you transfer your Quicken datafile from your old computer to the new one?  Did you copy the datafile using the Quicken "file copy" routine?  Are you getting any error codes after you try to download?

I suggest that you try downloading the accounts individually to see if that might work, rather than using "One Step Update".  That may help us to understand what might be happening.

Let me know.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Imurph,

How did you transfer your Quicken datafile from your old computer to the new one?  Did you copy the datafile using the Quicken "file copy" routine?  Are you getting any error codes after you try to download?

I suggest that you try downloading the accounts individually to see if that might work, rather than using "One Step Update".  That may help us to understand what might be happening.

Let me know.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• lmurph
    lmurph Member ✭✭
    Options
    Problem solved!
This discussion has been closed.