Can I create a 2 year budget instead of a 1 year budget?

Hello, My son is getting married and we are tracking the spending. We started spending in one year and it is now the 2nd year and my budget begins at the beginning of the year instead of the previous year. Any ideas on how to make the budget work across 2 years? Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Don't think there is a GUI solution to combine years in the Annual or Graph views other than using the date controls to switch back and forth between years.  BUT, you could use the Current Budget report in the Reports Center as a basis for multi-year budge tracking of a single category.   Since you have budgeted for the category last year and this year, in this report with some adjustments, you can see your budget v. actuals.   Image.

1.  Pull up the Current Budget report in Reports Center.
    2.  Set custom dates
    3.  Filter by category of interest by clicking on the gear icon.
    4.  Save off custom report under "My Reports" by clicking on the disk icon.
    5.  Add this custom report to your toolbar for quick reference (if needed) by right clicking on the toolbar.

• Cecilia G
    Cecilia G Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you! This did help me! I appreciate it!

Answers

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Don't think there is a GUI solution to combine years in the Annual or Graph views other than using the date controls to switch back and forth between years.  BUT, you could use the Current Budget report in the Reports Center as a basis for multi-year budge tracking of a single category.   Since you have budgeted for the category last year and this year, in this report with some adjustments, you can see your budget v. actuals.   Image.

1.  Pull up the Current Budget report in Reports Center.
    2.  Set custom dates
    3.  Filter by category of interest by clicking on the gear icon.
    4.  Save off custom report under "My Reports" by clicking on the disk icon.
    5.  Add this custom report to your toolbar for quick reference (if needed) by right clicking on the toolbar.

• Cecilia G
    Cecilia G Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you! This did help me! I appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.