American Express downloads now require Two Step Identification

Options
Fxtrudel
Fxtrudel Member ✭✭
Hello, my Amex downloads on Quicken Mac Subscription always worked fine. But for the last two weeks, the software is asking for two steps identification. Once I enter the SMS code, the downloads proceed with no issues. How can I get rid of this new requirement ? Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fxtrudel said:
    Hello, my Amex downloads on Quicken Mac Subscription always worked fine. But for the last two weeks, the software is asking for two steps identification. Once I enter the SMS code, the downloads proceed with no issues. How can I get rid of this new requirement ? Thanks.
    Hello @Fxtrudel

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with authentication. Thank you for seeking assistance and discussion of this here on the Quicken Community.

I do have a couple of questions about the issue. Are you noticing this only when trying to download QFX files from American Express and importing them, or when you update your account? Also, have you received any notifications from American Express indicating that you have to register the accounts for access by third-party software? 

I look forward to your response and hope to continue working with you on this, if necessary. 

Best regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • Fxtrudel
    Fxtrudel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello! The issue is when I update my account through Quicken. I am not aware that I have to register my 3rd party software with Amex. The updates have been working fine for years
  • Fxtrudel
    Fxtrudel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello! The issue is when I update my account through Quicken. I am not aware that I have to register my 3rd party software with Amex. The updates have been working fine for years
This discussion has been closed.