How are updates, then subsequent downloads, changing my reconciled transactions

ESCSM
ESCSM Member ✭✭
This has happened twice in my Chase checking account. I download the latest update then download the latest Chase transactions and I cannot reconcile properly because previously reconciled transactions have been altered or have disappeared. I found this by going back over the previous months matching the transactions against my bank statement then looking at a backup. There is no mistake. those transactions changed or were deleted.

I've been using Quicken since it was on floppies and have never seen this. How can I stop it?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ESCSM said:
    This has happened twice in my Chase checking account. I download the latest update then download the latest Chase transactions and I cannot reconcile properly because previously reconciled transactions have been altered or have disappeared. I found this by going back over the previous months matching the transactions against my bank statement then looking at a backup. There is no mistake. those transactions changed or were deleted.

I've been using Quicken since it was on floppies and have never seen this. How can I stop it?
    Hello @ESCSM,         

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with reconciled transactions being changed after an update. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community and bringing this matter to our attention. 

I have a few questions before I move forward with any additional troubleshooting steps. Have you noticed any error messages when updating online accounts? When did you first notice this problem? Also, what instance of Chase are you selecting from the bank list in Quicken when you try to link your account?

I look forward to your reply, should you have the chance to get in touch with us again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ESCSM
    ESCSM Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello @ESCSM,         
    >
    > I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with reconciled transactions being changed after an update. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community and bringing this matter to our attention. 
    >
    > I have a few questions before I move forward with any additional troubleshooting steps. Have you noticed any error messages when updating online accounts? When did you first notice this problem? Also, what instance of Chase are you selecting from the bank list in Quicken when you try to link your account?
    >
    > I look forward to your reply, should you have the chance to get in touch with us again.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

The first time I encountered the problem was December 2021. The last time was mid Jan 2022. There were error logs and messages. I am sorry, I do not remember what they were. The most recent time it happened, I rebuilt from my end of 2021 backup. I thought to consult the forum when I had to update again and I was worried about it happening a third time. It did not.

I use the instance Chase instead of Chase Investments or anyone with the prefix JP Morgan.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ESCSM said:
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @ESCSM,         
    >
    > I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with reconciled transactions being changed after an update. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community and bringing this matter to our attention. 
    >
    > I have a few questions before I move forward with any additional troubleshooting steps. Have you noticed any error messages when updating online accounts? When did you first notice this problem? Also, what instance of Chase are you selecting from the bank list in Quicken when you try to link your account?
    >
    > I look forward to your reply, should you have the chance to get in touch with us again.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

The first time I encountered the problem was December 2021. The last time was mid Jan 2022. There were error logs and messages. I am sorry, I do not remember what they were. The most recent time it happened, I rebuilt from my end of 2021 backup. I thought to consult the forum when I had to update again and I was worried about it happening a third time. It did not.

I use the instance Chase instead of Chase Investments or anyone with the prefix JP Morgan.
    @ESCSM,

I see. I appreciate your response and the information you provided. You said that you 'updated again,' were you referring to the software, or to updating your accounts? Also, it sounds like the problem did not happen, 'a third time.' Am I correct in understanding that the problem has subsided? I just want to be sure I understand the situation.

I look forward to your reply, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ESCSM
    ESCSM Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > @ESCSM,
    >
    > I see. I appreciate your response and the information you provided. You said that you 'updated again,' were you referring to the software, or to updating your accounts? Also, it sounds like the problem did not happen, 'a third time.' Am I correct in understanding that the problem has subsided? I just want to be sure I understand the situation.
    >
    > I look forward to your reply, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

By "Update again" I meant that I updated my accounts again. I have not seen the problem a third time. I consider the problem to " not have happened again, yet." I see other instances of the same problem on the forum.
This discussion has been closed.