One Step Update hangs - blank window after Schwab login

Options
ym9415
ym9415 Member ✭✭
Windows 10 Enterprise w/ Quicken Deluxe R38.29 Build 27.1.38.29
One Step Update hangs after login to Schwab - transactions seem to get downloaded but then stuck with the blank popup window for Schwab login. No way out of that Schwab popup. I have to go to Windows 10 Task Manager and kill the Quicken program. When relaunching, looks like there are transaction updates with the appropriate time stamp. Again I have to KILL Quicken program and relaunch it.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ym9415 said:
    Windows 10 Enterprise w/ Quicken Deluxe R38.29 Build 27.1.38.29
    One Step Update hangs after login to Schwab - transactions seem to get downloaded but then stuck with the blank popup window for Schwab login. No way out of that Schwab popup. I have to go to Windows 10 Task Manager and kill the Quicken program. When relaunching, looks like there are transaction updates with the appropriate time stamp. Again I have to KILL Quicken program and relaunch it.
    Hello @ym9415

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing freezes while trying to perform a One Step Update. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community for further discussion of this matter.

Have you enabled Mobile Syncing? You can check this by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web. If you see that Sync is in the 'on' position, I recommend turning this off and attempting to update your Charles Schwab accounts once again. 

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to any response you may be able to provide. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ym9415
    ym9415 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mobile & Web Sync has been in the Off position so no change needed there. Any other suggestions? Would "Reset Account" under Account Details > Online Services work ? Very frustrating.
  • jbrassard
    Options
    So, I have been out of the loop with medical issues since early November and today when I logged in, Quicken prompted me to download the latest version which I did. I then spent the next 8 hours relinking pretty much every account that downloads data. They need to do a much better job than this, sorry! I worked in this business for almost 40 years and this is unacceptable!

But - on to Charles Schwab. I was able to get much further after researching the forum and am no longer receiving any error messages. I have a brokerage and IRA account with them. I disabled online access for both, then went through the process of activating it. It brings up the Charles Schwab login, and I am able to login. I am able to see and select my 2 accounts and get the warning screen about connecting third-party applications and I check the acknowledgement box and do the return to Quicken. I then see the download screen briefly appear showing the connection and am then taken to the Activate One Step Update Screen, which is blank except for a Back and Next button, neither of which work. You also can't use the X at the top to close the window. It has completely frozen Quicken and the only way to get rid of it is to end it via Task Manager. When you go back in, nothing is saved. It is as though you never set it up for download.

Is this a known bug? Is there a fix or workaround I am missing?
  • ym9415
    ym9415 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can Quicken provide an acknowledgement that this is a problem with Schwab accounts and that a bug fix is in the works? Or a workaround?
  • ym9415
    ym9415 Member ✭✭
    Options
    also can confirm that no transactions are downloaded upon relaunching Quicken after killing the program because of the blank popup window
  • vobriant
    vobriant Member
    Options
    I have the EXACT same problem. When will this be fixed???
  • ym9415
    ym9415 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just got off a lengthy Quicken support Chat that resolved this issue for me: 1) Deactivate your Online Services for all Schwab accounts - go into each account's Account Detail to Deactivate; make sure you get every one. I had one under Checking that I missed and it messed up the fix so had to do it again. 2) Disable Anti-Virus (I was using Avast) for re-linking the Schwab accounts. 3) Re-link Schwab accounts by going to Tools > Add Accounts and selecting Schwab to initiate with their log in; this will prompt you to sign in to Schwab using the modal pop up window that we've been stuck on. 4) test out the One Step Update - you should no longer have to login to Schwab w the modal popup 5) re-enable Anti Virus and retest One Step Update -- weeks of frustration resolved now (at least hoping this is the case)
This discussion has been closed.