Account Balance

Options
4-H
4-H Member
I have a checking account set up on Quicken. Why is my net worth different than the amount on the register?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @4-H

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this difficulty. To clarify, the Networth is the cumulative amount of all your accounts. This balance will vary from the one in a single register. 

Hope this provides clarification. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @4-H, do you have only the one account set up in Q?
    Are there any future-dated transactions in this account?
    Where are you seeing this "Net Worth" amount?  If in the "Account Bar" to one side of your screen, do you have that set to show current balances, or future balances?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• 4-H
    4-H Member
    Options
    I only have the one account. It is set to show current balance. Also, when I print reports it is subtracting 2.8% off each entry deposit or withdraw.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try running the "banking transactions report for, say, 12/1/21 to present and see what appears.
    That 2.8% reduction is something that I've never heard of before.
    If you run the report twice in succession, does each iteration of the report subtract 2.8% from the prior report?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4-H said:
    I only have the one account. It is set to show current balance. Also, when I print reports it is subtracting 2.8% off each entry deposit or withdraw.
    That sounds to me like your account is set up using one currency and both the Account Bar and the report default to using a different currency, which is also marked as the Home Currency (see Tools / Currency List if you're using the US version).
    Take a look at the printed report's page header, e.g.:

Transaction - Year to Date 1/1/2022 through 2/12/2022 (in U.S.Dollars)

This indicates the example report shows amounts converted to U.S.Dollars
    What currency did you choose when you created the account? Must be a different one ...
This discussion has been closed.