credit card suddenly has new name

triplehjr
triplehjr Member ✭✭
all enries downloaded since Jan '22 are in a slightly different named Amex account

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Are you saying that your older transactions are in one account and the newer ones are in a second newly created account? 

Do you have Sync turned on in Preferences > Mobile & Web? This could be the issue.

In any case, if the new account is working correctly, you can go to the old account, select all transactions, and drag and drop them to the new account in the sidebar. Then the old account will be empty and you can delete it. You can then change the new account's name to whatever you want.

If this was caused by Mobile Sync, you will then want to go to Preferences > Connect Service and Reset the Quicken Cloud account to force what's in QMac desktop to overwrite the cloud data.

Note: all of the above is done in QMac desktop, not on Web or Mobile.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Are you saying that your older transactions are in one account and the newer ones are in a second newly created account? 

Do you have Sync turned on in Preferences > Mobile & Web? This could be the issue.

In any case, if the new account is working correctly, you can go to the old account, select all transactions, and drag and drop them to the new account in the sidebar. Then the old account will be empty and you can delete it. You can then change the new account's name to whatever you want.

If this was caused by Mobile Sync, you will then want to go to Preferences > Connect Service and Reset the Quicken Cloud account to force what's in QMac desktop to overwrite the cloud data.

Note: all of the above is done in QMac desktop, not on Web or Mobile.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • triplehjr
    triplehjr Member ✭✭
    Thank you--I will try both after I back-up--I believe this happened after I was asked if I wanted to use Quicken Cloud after a recent update--
  • triplehjr
    triplehjr Member ✭✭
    I figured out which acct it was from Amex and went to other acct--selected all transactions and dragged over to new acct and all appears fine--now we'll see if I did the right acct when I next go and update the downloads which I do every Sat.--
This discussion has been closed.