How do I use my 2021 banking data that i downloaded to create a 2022 budget?

I downloaded a years worth of bank data to get an accurate budget created however I can not find how to use last years data. Quciken just wants to use the first few weeks of this year.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rob1972

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this difficulty. To clarify, when creating a new budget you may select the Advanced Budget Settings which will allow you to change the starting date of your budget. Visual examples are below. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    After you imported the years worth of bank data, did you categorize the imported transactions appropriately?

When a category is added to an annual budget, Quicken should set a budget amount for the current and remaining months to an estimate of the monthly average for the category based on the available data.  The earlier months budget amount should be set based on the actual spending in the month. 

We may view the history used for a category by clicking on the small bar graph icon for the category and we may set the budget for a category to the estimated average by clicking on the small gear icon for the category.
This discussion has been closed.