Changing posting date for a Bills & Income transaction (Q Mac)

Options
I've forgotten how we change the date in advance a transaction in Bills & Income is posted.

One monthly transaction is posted what looks like 30 days before it is due.

I'd like to change that to 7 days before it's due.

Thanks.

QuickPeter

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You can't change that on a bill by bill basis - say, have one bill appear 7 days in advance but another bill appear 30 days in advance. But you can configure that for each register where bill reminders are displayed. Click on the little clock symbol just above the upper right corner of the register, and a list will pop up letting you select how far into the future those reminders will be displayed. 7 days is one of the options. You can set that for each register individually, so one register can be 7 days and another register be 30 days.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon, got it.   Thanks.   I remember now.

I've running Version 6.5.3 (Build 605.42687.100)

When you say "You can set that for each _register_ (my accent) individually, .... ", it seems I can set each _Account_ within the same register individually (which is really useful)? 

Can you get back to me on that please?

Thanks again,   QuickPeter

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022
    Options
    When you say "You can set that for each _register_ (my accent) individually, .... ", it seems I can set each _Account_ within the same register individually (which is really useful)? 
    Yes, you're right. If you set different time limits for individual accounts and then go look at a combined register it will honor those individual settings in the combined register. I hadn't noticed that before, thanks for pointing it out.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon, ok.  I'm glad I pointed it out to you now.
    I hope this helps others too.

QuickPeter

This discussion has been closed.