Scheduled One Step Update Summary display wrong date

Windows 10 - Quicken Deluxe R38.30 Build 27.1.38.30

The summary page of my Scheduled One Step Update does not display the date and time of the actual download. It displays the date and time of the last time I Manually ran the one step update. The one step update works fine both ways, but it confuses me when the display date is incorrect.

Am I missing somethin? Thanks,

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Edwood7724

Where are you looking for the time?  The time shown on the right hand side of the One Step Update Summary window - the one that appears when you hover over the three dots - is the actual time of the connection Quicken made when you ran One Step Update.  The date that appears when you click the hyperlink below the account name - on this same page - is a date provided by the financial institution intended to show the "as of" date of the information that was downloaded.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Edwood7724
    Edwood7724 Member ✭✭
    There are no "three dots" on the one step update summary window. The summary window appears after the scheduled one step update is run. It shows all the accounts that were updated and the date and time. (I actually don't care about the time). For example, the last time I ran a one step update manually was on 2/19 and that is the date that is showing on the summary window for all my accounts. My scheduled update runs every morning at 6:00am and the summary window will continue to show 2/19, even though I know it ran this morning, 2/20.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Edwood7724

Okay - the "three dots" issue is what I see because I have the "Use Large Fonts" option checked.

In the past there have been reports of Q updates affecting the scheduled updates (effectively disabling them even though they appear to be scheduled), however I haven't seen any lately.  Nevertheless, I suggest that you  reset (reestablish actually) all of your schedule updates whenever a new release is pushed out & installed. Please try that and get back to me on results.

Thanks.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Edwood7724
    Edwood7724 Member ✭✭
    Good point. I have noticed that sometimes I need to re-establish my scheduled updates after a new release is installed. I'll try that and see what happens after my next scheduled update.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this issue seems to pop-up from time to time, and it usually it coincides with new releases.  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• Edwood7724
    Edwood7724 Member ✭✭
    Still not working. I waited a couple of days because of the bank holiday, (I never know when my accounts are truly downloaded). I know transactions have been downloaded and the scheduled update summary still says 2/19/22 and also under the account name in each account, the last download date is 2/19.
    Oh well, guess I have to live with it......
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Edwood7724,

I suggest that you go into the "Schedule Updates" window and remove all your scheduled updates and after they are cleared you need to click "Okay" and close out of the window.  Then shut down and restart Quicken, and go back in to the "Schedule Updates" window and re-enter the data for scheduled updates again.

This has worked for others and should work for you, but I cannot guarantee that it won't happen again in the future.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• Edwood7724
    Edwood7724 Member ✭✭
    Still not working. Last download date is still 2/19/22. Guess I'll have to live with it. At least my accounts are being updated. I'm happy for that.
  • usfmom
    usfmom Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I am having the same issue. None of the solutions work. Certainly renaming the runtime.dat file didn't resolve the issue. [Removed - Speculation/Inaccurate]
This discussion has been closed.