RECONCILING A/R [CUSTOMER INVOICES]

Options
DR.WOLF519
DR.WOLF519 Member ✭✭
I just did a reconciliation of my primary bank account.

this is my first time using customer invoices.

When I go to print out the sales... all of the customer's invoices are listed as "c - CLEARED" even though they are marked "R - RECONCILED" in the register.

What am I doing wrong??

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DR.WOLF519,

Just curious - what makes you think that you've done something wrong?  What were you expecting to see?  Having a "transaction" in "Cleared" status is a step towards a potential "Reconciled" status for an "Account". 

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• DR.WOLF519
    DR.WOLF519 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the comment.

I didn't ask the question correctly:

"how do I reconcile the Customer Invoices??????"
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't Reconcile my Customer Invoice account. I just leave the transactions Cleared when the invoices are paid. Why do you think you need to reconcile?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Reconciling" is a process to explain any differences between the balance in one of your Quicken Accounts to the balance in that account per some outside entity.  So we can reconcile our bank Accounts to bank statements, reconcile our credit card Accounts to credit card statements, and so forth.
    Your list of invoices issued is a record of your sales and there's no outside entity that has a corresponding list of your sales, so there's really nothing to reconcile to.  Even if you're using the accrual accounting method and have an Accounts Receivable Account on your balance sheet, there's still no "outside entity" that has a comparable account with a balance you can reconcile to.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't reconcile a Customer Invoices account or a Vendor Invoices account.
    Sorry. That function does not exist.
    Paid Invoices, when using the "New Customer Payment" dialog in the Customer Invoices account register, are marked "c".
    Unpaid or partially paid invoices or those where payment was transferred into Customer Invoices from a bank account register (not using the New Payment dialog) remain uncleared.
This discussion has been closed.