Scheduled Income Reminder Issues

Options
I have been having an ongoing issue with the bill and income reminders, specifically the income items. I have both of our paychecks set up in the reminders, but the program keeps changing the amounts shown as the paycheck. Often by as much as $700 - $800. In some cases, it shows mine as $0.00. If I open it up and save it again without changing anything it shows the correct amount for a few days but then changes again. Not a huge issue but very irritating. Is anyone else having this sort of issue?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vharrell said:
    I have been having an ongoing issue with the bill and income reminders, specifically the income items. I have both of our paychecks set up in the reminders, but the program keeps changing the amounts shown as the paycheck. Often by as much as $700 - $800. In some cases, it shows mine as $0.00. If I open it up and save it again without changing anything it shows the correct amount for a few days but then changes again. Not a huge issue but very irritating. Is anyone else having this sort of issue?
    Hello @vharrell,

I am saddened to hear that you are experiencing this issue with bill and income reminders. I appreciate that you took the time to reach out to the Quicken Community regarding this problem.

Are you noticing this problem when you perform a One-Step Update? Also, are both paycheck amounts being changed? It sounds like two paychecks are being tracked but I am unclear as to which amounts are changing and whether or not this is affecting both entries. 

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • CRS
    CRS Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also having this same issue. It started in January I think. My scheduled paychecks display an incorrect balance on the screen in the bill and income reminder screen. However, when I click on it, the correct amount is in the net pay number. It's as though Quicken just invents and amount to display on the screen. I have tried to calculate what it might be screwing up and can't get to the number (i.e. the difference between the net pay number and the number that shows on the screen doesn't add up to any of the line items). This seems to be just limited to the view on the screen- when I look at the projected balance view it is using the right amount (or that could be really bad). I did just as you @vharrell and would see the correct amount appear for several days and then it reverts back to an inflated figure (in my case it shows my pay being much higher than expected). I finally was frustrated and deleted the income reminder, and set a new one up, and it displayed correctly for a while but it also now incorrect again. This is really annoying.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken. Could your problem be caused by Sync?

If you answer "yes" to the first question and "no" to the latter, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Now log back into your mobile app

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• CRS
    CRS Member ✭✭
    Options
    @UKR Thanks. I don't need the mobile view so have turned that off. Will see if the fixes I've made to the income reminder again will stick.
This discussion has been closed.