Duplicate Transactions and Error 2003

Denita
Denita Member ✭✭
For several weeks, every time I sync accounts all of my credit union accounts return the Error 2003 indicating that Quicken cannot connect to the accounts. However, Quicken does connect and downloads duplicates of all transactions. What is causing this and how can I correct it?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Denita said:
    For several weeks, every time I sync accounts all of my credit union accounts return the Error 2003 indicating that Quicken cannot connect to the accounts. However, Quicken does connect and downloads duplicates of all transactions. What is causing this and how can I correct it?
    Hello @Denita

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with duplicate transactions. Thank you getting in contact with the Quicken Community in order to bring this problem to our attention.

First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Be sure to do this frequently when operating the Quicken software, as this is useful in a wide variety of situations, and also essential in preserving your data.

Go to the lower right-hand corner of the Quicken window and click on the rectangle divided into thirds by two lines - which is the Columns menu - and make sure the box next to FITID is checked. In the register, do you notice long strings of numbers in what should be appearing as the FITID column? If so, are you noticing that any of these numbers look different in the last several weeks from the older transactions? 

First, disconnect your affected account by clicking on it in the left-hand panel under the Account List and then go to Accounts > Settings in the menu at the top of the screen mentioned previously.  Go to the Downloads tab and click Disconnect Account. Be sure to go through and delete the duplicate transactions in the register by right-clicking or control-clicking them and selecting Delete Transaction. When you reconnect the accounts by going back to Accounts > Settings > Downloads, be sure to LINK them in the Action column when prompted, rather than selecting Add or Ignore

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Denita
    Denita Member ✭✭
    That seems to have corrected my issue. Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.