Is it possible to copy from a web site and paste into Quicken

Tom S
Tom S Member
I would like to copy the Amazon order number and product name and paste it into the memo field of Quicken. This way I can put the purchase into the correct catagory.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Tom S

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. To clarify, you should be able to highlight the payee/order number click copy and paste it into your Quicken register. The quick keys Ctrl + C (copy) and Ctrl + V (paste) should also work. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Tom S
    Tom S Member
    When I right click the mouse to paste the copied account number, there is nothing in the dropdown menu to paste? The Ctrl V did work. THANK YOU.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, it would be much better if we could talk Amazon into providing the Order Number in clear text format, e.g., 123-1234567-1234567 instead of using an encrypted number, e.g., AB1CD2DE3
    Now all we need from the credit card companies would be to really send the clear text number as part of the Downloaded Memo Text so that it may end up in the Memo field of a Quicken register transaction. Some banks combine merchant name and memo text into one payee name field, e.g., "Amazon.com*AB1CD2DE3" and put something else into Downloaded Memo text. The latter is not very useful in splitting merchant name and memo text into separate fields.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Tom S

Thank you for your response. The copy/paste method works at times but for some reason, the correct "clicking" sequence is needed. For this reason, I also recommended the quick keys.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.