Investing Cost Basis is blank.

pt216
pt216 Member ✭✭
In / Investing - portfolio - name column the Cost Basis amount is blank. There are no placeholders, in the account for any securities downloaded directly from the brokerage.

I was able in the Investing tab / portfolio tab / stock name / clicked that stock / security detail view: stock / at the transaction history line I was able to enter the missing information there, but not no more that's gone.

I am finding the figures needed in the security report / all numbers and dates are there / no editing needs to be done / now going back to Investing tab / portfolio tab / stock name / no figures are being transferred to the portfolio.

I want to add the Cost Basis to the stocks. How do I do this?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    pt216 said:
    In / Investing - portfolio - name column the Cost Basis amount is blank. There are no placeholders, in the account for any securities downloaded directly from the brokerage.

I was able in the Investing tab / portfolio tab / stock name / clicked that stock / security detail view: stock / at the transaction history line I was able to enter the missing information there, but not no more that's gone.

I am finding the figures needed in the security report / all numbers and dates are there / no editing needs to be done / now going back to Investing tab / portfolio tab / stock name / no figures are being transferred to the portfolio.

I want to add the Cost Basis to the stocks. How do I do this?
    Hello @pt216

I am sorry to hear about this issue with cost basis figures missing. Thank you for getting in contact with the Quicken Community regarding this matter.

Are you able to edit the investment securities manually and thus update the cost basis? You can change the number of shares by clicking Edit Transaction just above the Security List in your investment account and then select Adjust Share Balance. Make sure the Use Average Cost checkbox is marked off by going into the Investing tab and clicking Edit Security

I hope to hear back from you regarding this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Quicken Jared for a response,

Are you able to edit the investment securities manually and thus update the cost basis? No.

You can change the number of shares by clicking Edit Transaction just above the Security List in your investment account and then select Adjust Share Balance. No. I don't have the option of Edit Transaction, in the security list there is three options under the tab Investing which is Portfolio Allocations and Dashboard nothing there lets me do anything but look.

I don't even have "Use Average Cost checkbox is marked off by going into the Investing tab and clicking Edit Security. " the only option I have here is/ on a stock right click / Edit Security / Edit Security Details / and that's about all I can do here.

In tools far left of screen I can see the security tab list Ctrl + Y , clicking the stock takes it to security detail view , clicking on the date purchased does nothing , all the other radio buttons are useless too.

Clicking the Edit in the security tab list takes me back to the Edit Security Details screen.

I've been all around everywhere to find where I could edit anything with an stocks and its just not here.

Hope that helps in some way I could add this Cost Basis to the stocks.
  • pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭
    This always happens whenever I seek to find something In the all transactions column under Investing right click account, edit /delete account , a Tracking Method radio box was there with two options, 1) Simple or 2) Complete. #2 is what I was looking for so now to get this down to business - ;( editing.
This discussion has been closed.