Schwab accounts STILL don't update

Options
I run One Step Update each day to update my 6 Schwab accounts (plus everything else). OSU appears to complete correctly but with no new transactions. Yet I do see new transactions at Schwab. The only way to download them into Quicken is to: Visit each account and deactivate, then activate again. This time the new transactions do download.

This has been going on for months. Others have reported the same errors. What on earth must we do to restore this functionality to working order?

VERY FRUSTRATED HERE.

Comments

• goofiness
    goofiness Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem. I've tried all the fixes that Quicken recommended, and I use V:38:30. I have 5 Schwab accounts. I've managed to get 4/5 to update, albeit with a few messed up transactions. One account will not update, no transactions since Nov. 15, 2021. I'm going to try deactivating all 5 accounts in Tools, and try again.

I've used Quicken for YEARS. It only seems to get worse. Two years ago, I had to manually rebuild most of my accounts, despite having my own backups on flash drive every day. For many years I used Bill Pay with no problem. Now, just downloading transactions and holdings, I spend hours solving every glitch. I think I've had enough. My renewal comes up in May; if Quicken can fix this Schwab download problem, I'm done.
    Goofiness
    Quicken Deluxe; Y: 2021; V: R37.25; Build: 27.1.37.25
    Windows 10 Home; 64 -bit; V: 1809; OS Build: 17763.615
  • CXXX
    CXXX Member ✭✭
    Options
    Posted by member RLF3rd on Jan 17, this has been working for me.

Here is the solution to downloading Schwab transactions that Hellrider mentioned above. It worked for me, Hellrider, and others on these boards when normal downloading methods were not working.

1. Open one of your Schwab accounts in Quicken.
    2. Click on the “gear” symbol at the upper right to open the gear menu.
    3. Press and hold the “shift” key and the “control” key.
    4. While pressing “shift + control” click on “Update Transactions” on the gear
    menu.
    5. Dialogue box will ask if you want to “also re-download earlier transactions?”
    Answer “yes.” [When I’ve done this, I only received recent transactions that
    hadn’t previously downloaded, not an onslaught of previous transactions.]
    6. A One Step Update dialogue box comes up for asking if you want update
    transactions and balances for all Schwab accounts associated with the
    Schwab username of the account opened in step 1. Click “Update Now.”
    7. All recent transactions not previously downloaded from these accounts will
    download.
    8. Repeat for any Schwab accounts associated with a different username (for
    example, a spouse’s account).

I hope this solution works for you. Obviously, it would be better if Quicken could figure how to make One Step Update work the way that it should, but in the interim this appears to be a workaround.

BTW, this solution was posted on another of these boards by a user who had gotten the tip from Quicken Support. That indicates that Quicken is aware of the issue and, hopefully, is working on a fix.

Good luck!
  • crashdox
    crashdox Member ✭✭
    Options
    My schwab updates just fine... but frequently has crap in it that Quicken can't seem to recognize ("unidentified security"). As well as not registering/recognizing CUSIPS so I always have to match them...which it seems to do just fine on its own ?!?!? This Schwab fiasco should get someone at Quicken fired.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    crashdox said:
    My schwab updates just fine... but frequently has crap in it that Quicken can't seem to recognize ("unidentified security"). As well as not registering/recognizing CUSIPS so I always have to match them...which it seems to do just fine on its own ?!?!? This Schwab fiasco should get someone at Quicken fired.
    I completely recognize the frustrations but respectfully disagree with the last statement since it was Schwab that made drastic changes in this case, not Quicken.  If Schwab is supplying unrecognizable data as mentioned, they should correct it.  And if they don't, I don't want Quicken to guess what it might be, rather I decide what it is and correct it.  There are many users who have absolutely no issues with Schwab downloads.  Ideally the two entities should work with each other and given the lack of Schwab's cooperation, hopefully Quicken is doing what they can to workaround Schwab's missteps and improve as much as feasible.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.