Automatic transactions not being recorded

Options
wjmcnicoll
wjmcnicoll Member ✭✭✭
I have automatic transactions, which are supposed to be recorded automatically. I've had these transactions for years. They've always been recorded automatically, as intended. Now suddenly they don't. What's up with that?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have automatic transactions, which are supposed to be recorded automatically. I've had these transactions for years. They've always been recorded automatically, as intended. Now suddenly they don't. What's up with that?
    Hello @wjmcnicoll

I am sorry to hear about this sudden change in downloads. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community for discussion and support.

In order to assist you, I am going to require some additional information. When did you first notice this problem occurring? Are you noticing that automatic downloads are failing across multiple accounts with different financial institutions? Also, have you noticed any error messages?

I am eager to hear your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • wjmcnicoll
    wjmcnicoll Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I've only noticed it in the last few days. I have two automatic transactions on two different accounts at two different banks. There has been no error message.

Note that the actual banking transactions are happening as they are automatic drafts. It is only the recording of the transaction in my Quicken file that isn't happening.

It looks like I can't even record the transactions manually unless I turn off the Auto feature.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect the auto reminder may have been corrupted.  I suggest you delete the misbehaving auto reminder and create a new auto reminder.
  • wjmcnicoll
    wjmcnicoll Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I ran a file validation after which the auto transactions worked. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.