Problems entering paycheck pre-tax deductions

Options
BrewDog
BrewDog Member ✭✭
I'm entering a new paycheck for a new job. There is a 401K deduction that will accrue to a new account that I've set up in Quicken. However, when I'm entering the new deduction, the new account does not show up as a potential transfer account in the drop-box. Not sure why this is happening or how I work around it. Any guidance would be appreciated.
I'm using the Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property, version R38.30 on a PC.
Gary

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @BrewDog,

It is likely that you'll need to look for the account at the bottom of the pop-up list, because it should appear in brackets, and they are all at the bottom.  This is how it should look as part of the payroll entry - please note the brackets.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @BrewDog,

It is likely that you'll need to look for the account at the bottom of the pop-up list, because it should appear in brackets, and they are all at the bottom.  This is how it should look as part of the payroll entry - please note the brackets.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• BrewDog
    BrewDog Member ✭✭
    Options
    Frankx, thank you for the response. I had neglected to mention that I was trying to enter my paycheck as a recurring entry using paycheck wizard. Other community comments (plus my experience) indicate that the wizard feature is infested with problems. Your way (above) is better.
    Best,
This discussion has been closed.