Bill/income reminder issue

When I enter either a bill or income transaction listed under "reminders", it works, but the reminder no longer disappears. I have to go back and remove it by hitting the option to delete this "occurrence only". How do I get it back to automatically removing that reminder for that transaction?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    When I enter either a bill or income transaction listed under "reminders", it works, but the reminder no longer disappears. I have to go back and remove it by hitting the option to delete this "occurrence only". How do I get it back to automatically removing that reminder for that transaction?
    Hello @rsnowden72

I am sorry to hear about this issue with reminders failing to disappear. Thank you for choosing to discuss this with us here on the Quicken Community.

When did you first notice this issue occurring? Also, what do you see when you navigate to Tools > Manage bill and income reminders? This should display any information related to your current Bill Reminder entries. I want to be sure that there aren't any items here that are not meant to be.

I hope this is helpful, and I intend to continue working with you on this issue here in this thread.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rsnowden72
    rsnowden72 Member
    Jared, this started about a month ago… I checked bill reminder entries and they are ok.. everything else seems to be working properly. Thanks
  • Quicken Jared
    Jared, this started about a month ago… I checked bill reminder entries and they are ok.. everything else seems to be working properly. Thanks
    Hello @rsnowden72,

I am very happy to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved. Thank you for reaching out again to confirm that the situation has improved.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rsnowden72
    rsnowden72 Member
    Jared, no the issue has not been resolved… all I am saying that everything else, but the issue pertaining to reminders is working ok..
  • Quicken Jared
    Jared, no the issue has not been resolved… all I am saying that everything else, but the issue pertaining to reminders is working ok..
    @rsnowden72,

I see. I am sorry for my confusion, and I did not meant to imply that I would not continue to follow up.

Have you tried restoring from a backup just prior to when this trouble emerged? You can always save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. It is recommended that this be done often as possible, as this is important in preserving your data, and can be helpful in a number of other situations, as well. If a backup is available that is recent, but predates the issue you are experiencing, try to restore from it by going to File > Restore a Backup File.

I am eager to hear your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rsnowden72
    rsnowden72 Member
    Jared, I have restored from a backup and also did a reset... I just entered two bills on my mobile using the reminder. It processed both bills correctly, but the reminder did not go away. I manually got rid of them by asking it to delete (under other actions) that occurrence. I went to my main computer's Quicken program and synced it... It successfully synced it and all is accurate. The reminders are simply not working as they did or should... This happens regardless of whether I am entering the reminder transaction from the mobile or main computer quicken program. I am wondering if I need to delete the quicken program from my main computer and download it again.. ??? Can I do that? My subscription says it is up to date with latest update.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited March 2022
    Jared, I have restored from a backup and also did a reset... I just entered two bills on my mobile using the reminder. It processed both bills correctly, but the reminder did not go away. I manually got rid of them by asking it to delete (under other actions) that occurrence. I went to my main computer's Quicken program and synced it... It successfully synced it and all is accurate. The reminders are simply not working as they did or should... This happens regardless of whether I am entering the reminder transaction from the mobile or main computer quicken program. I am wondering if I need to delete the quicken program from my main computer and download it again.. ??? Can I do that? My subscription says it is up to date with latest update.
    Hello @rsnowden72

I am sorry that even now, the issue is continuing. Thanks once more for updating me on this problem and for providing so much detail.

I agree that uninstallation and reinstallation of the program will be a wise troubleshooting step, but I recommend following the instructions below, involving the QcleanUI method. I will link an article immediately below that will contain further reading regarding this subject:

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

I will summarize the necessary steps just below. First, download and use QcleanUI.exe:
    1. Backup your Quicken Data. If you're unable to open Quicken to do so, you can skip this step and continue.
    2. Uninstall Quicken with the Add/Remove Programs feature through your computer's Control Panel. If you don't see Quicken in the list of programs, continue to Step 3. 
    3. Create a new folder on your desktop (right-click on your desktop and select New > Folder).
    4. Click MSCLEAN.exe and save the file to the new folder.
    5. Click OcleanUI.exe and save the file to the SAME new folder. 
    6. In the new folder, double-click QcleanUI.exe.
    7. Select Clean all versions, and then click Clean. Note: QcleanUI may take several minutes to complete its task. When finished, you may see the error message highlighted below. You can disregard this error and continue with the process. 

Using QcleanUI to resolve issues installing or uninstalling Quicken for Windows

1. Select Quit to close QcleanUI.
    Next, Rename Quicken shared folders. 

1. Follow the steps to Show hidden files and folders.
      Important: In some cases, some of the folders that need to be renamed in the following steps do not appear even after selecting to Show hidden files and folders. If this occurs, continue through the steps and rename the folders that do appear.
    2. In the C:\Program Data\Intuit folder, right-click the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name (example: "Troubleshooting"), then press Enter.
    3. In the C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Intuit folder, right-click the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name (example: "Troubleshooting"), then press Enter.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each user on your computer.
    5. In the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folder, right-click the Quicken installation folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
      Note: Depending on system settings, this folder may not be created. If you do not see this folder in this location, you can continue to the next step.
    6. Restart your computer and install Quicken again.

I look forward to hearing your results after these recommendations have been carried out, should you have the chance to speak with me about this again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rsnowden72
    rsnowden72 Member
    Wow, thanks … I will read article first…then will try to set some time aside in the next few days to do this. Thanks Again
This discussion has been closed.