Amazon.com Store Card (Synchrony) had CC-503 error

pbutler6
pbutler6 Unconfirmed ✭✭
My Amazon.com Store Card (Synchrony) stopped downloading on OSU.  I tried resetting the account.  It still would not download.  I deactivated the account and tried to set it up again.  I got a CC-503 error.  I logged into my Amazon account and reset the password and then returned to Quicken and tried to set the account up with the new password.   Still, I am getting a CC-503 error.  What else can I try?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    pbutler6 said:
    My Amazon.com Store Card (Synchrony) stopped downloading on OSU.  I tried resetting the account.  It still would not download.  I deactivated the account and tried to set it up again.  I got a CC-503 error.  I logged into my Amazon account and reset the password and then returned to Quicken and tried to set the account up with the new password.   Still, I am getting a CC-503 error.  What else can I try?
    Hello @pbutler6,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this error message and associated download issues. Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Quicken Community about this problem.

Have you tried updating your password in the Password Vault? First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File. Next, follow the instructions laid out just below:

1. Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
    2. Click on the account in the Password Vault.
    3. Choose Delete Password for the account.
    4. Complete a One Step Update, you will be prompted to enter the password manually.
    5. Type in the password (the same one used on the bank's website) and check in the box marked Save next to the password field.
    6. Click Update Now.

If the login ID or username also needs to be changed:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.
    I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to any reply you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • pbutler6
    pbutler6 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I have followed your steps.  I deleted the Amazon password and ran OSU twice.  I verified that the account is deactivated in online services.  I deleted data in both the Financial Institution and Account Number fields from Account Details.  I then tried to set up the account.  I get the same CC-503 error.
  • pbutler6
    pbutler6 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I tried again.  Suddenly it works -- looks like a temporary problem.  Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.