Xfinity still not working with online bills

For several months Xfinity cable has not been working. I have deleted it and added it back almost every month. I see recent another thread discussing this issue but still not response from a Moderator. If it is known not working along with other billers then this needs to be documented someplace online for the community to see.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Bione said:
    For several months Xfinity cable has not been working. I have deleted it and added it back almost every month. I see recent another thread discussing this issue but still not response from a Moderator. If it is known not working along with other billers then this needs to be documented someplace online for the community to see.
    Hello @Bione

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community regarding this problem. I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received a response.

In order to be of further assistance, I do have a few questions regarding this problem. What happens when Xfinity stops 'working?' Are you noticing any error messages when trying to pay bills or perform a One Step Update? When did this issue begin?

I look forward to your responses and hope to continue working with you on this issue, should you have a chance to check back in with us.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    The screen just sits at "Bill added but next due amount not available."
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I had Xfinity, I could never get the online biller to work reliably. Everything I would refresh the bill, I would have to reset my Xfinity password. I finally gave up and just used a reminder.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and perhaps all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    The latest Xfinity bill has been posted a few days ago by them and nothing showed up in Quicken. The screen just sits at "Bill added but next due amount not available."
  • Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    My latest Xfinity Bill was just paid. I have deleted the account and added it back to see again if the next bill is picked up. I do not pay these bills from quicken but just monitor what I owe and when.
  • Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Yup. Same here. I have Xfinity set for autopay on the XFinity web site. For me, my monthly bill seems to be slightly different some months (taxes?). So I want to create an automatic reminder with the actual amount from the bill. Saves me having to enter it each month. Then I can match and accept the download transaction (from the bank), to the auto reminder created by the "Bill".  So far, not working. Unfortunately, this is true of many of my monthly variable bills. (Utilities, etc.) Most just don't work. So I end up entering manually each month, for each variable bill.
  • Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    The Xfinity Bill did post to Quicken this month. Working.
This discussion has been closed.