import from TIAA brokerage account?

teryg
teryg Member ✭✭
TIAA support helped me get my accounts set up in Quicken, but I think transactions from the brokerage account do not sync like other account so. I can download those transactions, but only in csv format. Is there a way to import those or do I have to type everything in to get Quicken to match the TIAA balances?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Hi, teryg:

You won't be able to import a TIAA CSV file into Quicken.

Different TIAA accounts have differing support, and some do support direct transaction download. I don't have any accounts with TIAA, so I can't give you any personal experiences. 

Confounding this is that Quicken is recently supporting brokerages in a "simple" mode that don't download that underlying transactions-just present value. That might be how TIAA helped you set up your accounts. I also suspect that is why many regulars were slow to answer your simple question.

If you can switch your account to "Detailed" in that Account's Settings, then you can enter in your transactions manually.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Hi, teryg:

You won't be able to import a TIAA CSV file into Quicken.

Different TIAA accounts have differing support, and some do support direct transaction download. I don't have any accounts with TIAA, so I can't give you any personal experiences. 

Confounding this is that Quicken is recently supporting brokerages in a "simple" mode that don't download that underlying transactions-just present value. That might be how TIAA helped you set up your accounts. I also suspect that is why many regulars were slow to answer your simple question.

If you can switch your account to "Detailed" in that Account's Settings, then you can enter in your transactions manually.
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    Thanks, John. We have different types of accounts at TIAA. Some download into Quicken; others do not. I hoped there was some way other than copying and pasting from the csv but I guess not.
This discussion has been closed.