Sign-in issues

Hi,

I'm having hard time to log in into my Quicken account. Just bought a license few minutes ago and I was able to log in to https://www.quicken.com/my-account at the beginning. Then I have installed the most recent Quicken for Windows but it only gave me "Invalid credentials". I have then signed out of Quicken Web Account and tried to log in to check if my credentials are correct.
It went fine at start, I was in. So I tried again with Quicken for Windows but no luck, still the same "Invalid credentials".
I decided to reset the password then to avoid any confusion. I've got an email code to confirm and the password was changed or .. was it? Now I cannot log in anywhere, neither from Quicken for Windows nor Quicken Web Account.
I can still reset the password and I have tried to do that few times already but nothing changes :(
I made sure the password is correct, I was copy-pasting it from the clipboard both when setting a new one and when signing in.
I have checked web account on 4 different browsers all with adblockers disabled.
I'm clueless... anyone was having similar issues?

Best regards
Irek

Comments

• Ireneusz
    Ireneusz Member ✭✭
    Just to add to that I was upgrading from Quicken 2016 which I bought few years back and now not only my previous working version was uninstalled so I can no longer use it but also new version does not work so I'm stuck... I do have a backup, but can no longer find a Quicken 2016 installer.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ireneusz

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. After taking a further look into your account I was able to find an error. To resolve this issue please close Quicken (desktop app/on the web) and wait two hours. After the allotted time the "lock" on your account will be lifted and you should be able to log in, download, and install Quicken. Please note that if you attempt to login into your Quicken account before the allotted time the "timer" will be reset for an additional two hours. 

In addition please be advised that only one version of Quicken may be installed at a time. Therefore, if you installed the new version of Quicken that is an indication that it has replaced the prior version installed. 

Hope this provides clarification. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ireneusz
    Ireneusz Member ✭✭
    Hi @"Quicken Paloma",

> Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. After taking a further look into your account I was able to find an error. To resolve this issue please close Quicken (desktop app/on the web) and wait two hours. After the allotted time the "lock" on your account will be lifted and you should be able to log in, download, and install Quicken. Please note that if you attempt to login into your Quicken account before the allotted time the "timer" will be reset for an additional two hours. 

As long as this makes sense it does not work :( I left it overnight so definitely more than 2h, probably around 12h at least. Tried a moment ago and still the same "Invalid credentials". Are you sure the issue is with the lock?
    If I understand correctly each unsuccessful login attempt will extend the lock for another 2h, right? This way the lock should have been gone already long time ago.

By the way how did you identify my account because I haven't given any details here?
    I'm little bit concerned to list the email my account is registered for publicly here for privacy reasons but if you have an official Quicken email account I can send the details there to make sure you were looking at my account and not somebody's else.
    Alternatively I came up with another idea which you can quickly verify on your end: https://pastebin.com/KU8tDRZf
    The password is my email which I have used to register my account. If you enter it correctly this pastebin will be destroyed automatically. Entering incorrect password does no harm to my knowledge.

> In addition please be advised that only one version of Quicken may be installed at a time. Therefore, if you installed the new version of Quicken that is an indication that it has replaced the prior version installed. 

Sure, the installer has uninstalled previous version so it's only one version at a time on a single machine.

> Hope this provides clarification. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

I wanted to use support chat directly but for that to happen apparently I have to be signed in. Seems like I fell into a vicious circle here :)
    Thanks for help so far but I'd like to be able to finally use Quicken again as I can't keep track of my cash flow now and it's stockpiling each day.

Best regards,
    Ireneusz Patalas
  • Ireneusz
    Ireneusz Member ✭✭
    Ok, few hours later I'm one step forward.
    I did one thing. I reset the password few hours ago but did not try to log in right away. I let the time pass for couple of hours, tried again to sign in in the browser and it worked. Earlier that day I tried with desktop app first and that probably locked out my account and that's why I couldn't log in via web anymore. I am now logged in to both myaccount.quicken.com and app.quicken.com which is definitely a progress.
    Still, desktop app is not letting me in even though I paste the password from clipboard.
    Is there something else I can do make desktop app work correctly?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Ireneusz

Thank you for your response. To clarify, I was able to look up your account since your Quicken Community account is associated with your Quicken account as well. Generally the emails are the same but in the instance where they would have been different I would have reached out. 

In addition, I would recommend reinstalling Quicken and then signing in with your Quicken credentials. 

If you need further instructions please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ireneusz
    Ireneusz Member ✭✭
    > Thank you for your response. To clarify, I was able to look up your account since your Quicken Community account is associated with your Quicken account as well. Generally the emails are the same but in the instance where they would have been different I would have reached out. 

Ok, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if you have access to see my email on this account here.

> In addition, I would recommend reinstalling Quicken and then signing in with your Quicken credentials. 

I finally managed to contact support and they told me nothing new apart from "please clear all browser history and reinstall Quicken".
    Luckily I was just setting up a new PC over the weekend so I have a clean Windows installation.
    Yesterday I couldn't sign in to web to even download Quicken... the same story happened but I have reset my password and tried today morning. I am signed in via web, downloaded the app and still getting the same "Invalid Credentials" error in the app...
    I'm helpless now.
    What else could it be?

> If you need further instructions please let us know. 
    > -Quicken Paloma

Oh.. I still do need help ^^ So far nothing has helped. Is there anything else which can be wrong with my account?
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited March 2022
    Hello @Ireneusz,

Thank you for responding although, we are sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting. There are no errors in your account. Could you please let us know if you are encountering issues installing/downloading your Quicken software or if it is only when signing in? Also, what version of Windows are you currently using?

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ireneusz
    Ireneusz Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Paloma

For no apparent reason it started working... I did nothing different than things which I've been trying for past few days. Today in the morning I have had a failed attempt to log in (Web, Quicken for Windows). I have reset my password again and tried several hours later. It just worked but that's what I have been trying at least few times already.
    I have no idea what was wrong :/ As long as I like Quicken and got used to it I beg you please... improve this somehow (better errors for troubleshooting could be a good start) as this was with no doubt the worst user experience I have ever had with software I paid for.
    The price for the product is fair but I've lost so many hours on that so that I could afford at least few more years of the license.
    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this issue will never come back to me but if it ever will this will probably be the last year I'm paying for that.

> Could you please let us know if you are encountering issues installing/downloading your Quicken software or if it is only when signing in?

Only when signing in whether it's via Web or desktop app. I haven't tried mobile app yet but I don't need it for now.

> Also, what version of Windows are you currently using?

The most recent Windows 10 (version 21H2).

BTW when the password is reset does this release the lock from the account or still need to wait 2h?

Thanks for assistance.
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited March 2022
    Hello @Ireneusz

Thank you for your feedback. Pardon the frustration caused. However, I am only able to report issues as they occur for our teams to take a further look and implement a solution as needed. The Quicken Community is a user-to-user platform with a few moderators that can assist as needed. If you come across any other issues or have questions please let us know. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.