Can't Add or Edit Sub-Categories

KenWD0ELQ
KenWD0ELQ Member ✭✭
Quicken for Windows, current version. On occasion, Quicken refuses to allow me to create, or even to select, subcategories that I've created. I've used Quicken for MANY years, but the newest version seems to be EXTREMELY buggy.

I add a transaction, and select the category. I try to enter a new subcategory, it pops up the "Do you want to create a new category?" and when I click Yes, the same message SOMETIMES pops up. The new subcategory exists, but I can't use it. SOMETIMES, it works fine.

And sometimes, I can't even select an existing category that I've been using for years.

And is there no longer any actual support from Quicken? There doesn't seem to be anything but a support phone number - and I'd REALLY rather get text or mail support, so that I have a record of who said what when.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    KenWD0ELQ said:
    Quicken for Windows, current version. On occasion, Quicken refuses to allow me to create, or even to select, subcategories that I've created. I've used Quicken for MANY years, but the newest version seems to be EXTREMELY buggy.

I add a transaction, and select the category. I try to enter a new subcategory, it pops up the "Do you want to create a new category?" and when I click Yes, the same message SOMETIMES pops up. The new subcategory exists, but I can't use it. SOMETIMES, it works fine.

And sometimes, I can't even select an existing category that I've been using for years.

And is there no longer any actual support from Quicken? There doesn't seem to be anything but a support phone number - and I'd REALLY rather get text or mail support, so that I have a record of who said what when.
    Hello @KenWDOELQ,    

I am sorry to hear about this issue with sub-Categories. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in order to bring this to our attention.

When did you first notice this issue occurring, and do you save backups frequently? For reference, backups can always be saved by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this is happening frequently, you can always restore from a backup just prior to when you first noticed this issue occurring by going into the same menu mentioned before and selecting File > Restore a Backup File.  

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To review what categories exist where, work with the Tools / Category List and make sure that you are working with an unfiltered, properly sorted, nothing hidden view.
    This should tell you what categories exist where and help identify the problem.
    Using the Category List view, please show us what you are trying to do so we can help you. Capture some image snapshots, attach them to your new Comment, to help explain your issue.
This discussion has been closed.