PNC Bank Getting error code cc-501

Options
I get CC-501 when I try to Log into my account. I had changed the password and put the new one in quicken. But it kept telling me Error Code CC-501. The User name is correct as is the new password. I used then on line and they both opened my account. Any suggestions

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    rth711 said:
    I get CC-501 when I try to Log into my account. I had changed the password and put the new one in quicken. But it kept telling me Error Code CC-501. The User name is correct as is the new password. I used then on line and they both opened my account. Any suggestions
    Hello @rth711,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the CC-501 error message and the difficulty connecting accounts. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention here on the Quicken Community. 

When did you first notice this issue occurring? Also, are you noticing any other error messages alongside this? Also, have you tried updating your password in the Quicken Password Vault? If not, you can do so by following the steps below:

1. Select Tools > Password Vault.
    2. Choose Add or Edit Passwords...
    3. In the Edit Password Vault dialog box, select the bank for which you want to change a password.
    4. Click Change Password.

What is the Password Vault and how do I use it

1. Enter a new password.
    2. Re-enter the password to confirm it.

What is the Password Vault and how do I use it

1. Click Change.
    I am eager to read any updates you may be able to provide, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us on the Quicken Community once again. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @rth711

Which connection type do you have with PNC - Direct Connect, or Express Web Connect?

There have been recent reports of problems with Express Web Connect connections, which are usually using PNC's Virtual Wallet.  If possible, I suggest that you change to the Direct Connect method (you will have to cancel the Virtual Wallet to do that) because it is a much more reliable connection method.

Get back to me with any followup questions and let me know how this works out.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rth711
    rth711 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried changing passwords in the vault, it didn't work. I deleted one account and reinstalled it. It asked if I want to set it up. I used direct connect and all is OK no. Working like a charm.
    Thank you both for your assistance.
    RTH711
This discussion has been closed.