Update R39.21 - cannot find file - no backup prompt

Options
I just installed the latest version (R39.21 build 27.1.39.21) and immediately Quicken could not find my file - I have used this program for years so I am very familiar with it. I was able to force it to find the file although it kept wanting me to log in to Quicken over and over. Also, even though I have Manual Backup checked, I am no longer prompted to backup the file when I close the program. This is NOT good!
I am using Windows 10 - latest version - all the latest updates have been installed. This needs to be fixed immediately!

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    agmowbray said:
    I just installed the latest version (R39.21 build 27.1.39.21) and immediately Quicken could not find my file - I have used this program for years so I am very familiar with it. I was able to force it to find the file although it kept wanting me to log in to Quicken over and over. Also, even though I have Manual Backup checked, I am no longer prompted to backup the file when I close the program. This is NOT good!
    I am using Windows 10 - latest version - all the latest updates have been installed. This needs to be fixed immediately!
    Hello @agmowbray

I am sorry to hear about this issue with backup prompts and data files being hidden. Thank you for drawing our attention to this problem here on the Quicken Community. 

When did you first notice this issue taking place? Was this only a problem after the latest software update? If so, do you have older backups from just prior to the update that could be restored? Just as a refresher for other users viewing this discussion: saving a backup can be performed anytime by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Likewise, restoring from a backup is done by going to the same menu and navigating to File > Restore a Backup File

Also, where is this data file being stored? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the same menu mentioned earlier.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this, should you have the opportunity to drop back in and discuss this with us again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.