Why is Ally Bank getting a verification code from American Express?

Options
Tony Fong
Tony Fong Member ✭✭✭
Hi. When updating my Ally Bank accounts, I am getting the verification code popup but it's saying that American Express is sending me the code. Has anyone seen this? Does this make sense? Here is a screenshot. I did ask for the verification code and I did get an email with a code from what appears to be American Express. Sender of the email was American Express <AmericanExpress@welcome.aexp.com>

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony Fong said:
    Hi. When updating my Ally Bank accounts, I am getting the verification code popup but it's saying that American Express is sending me the code. Has anyone seen this? Does this make sense? Here is a screenshot. I did ask for the verification code and I did get an email with a code from what appears to be American Express. Sender of the email was American Express <AmericanExpress@welcome.aexp.com>
    Hello @Tony Fong

I am sorry to hear about this issue with verification codes. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community to bring this matter to our attention. 

Before I offer any additional troubleshooting advice, have you attempted to enter the verification code when prompted? Has it allowed you access to online banking services?

Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us once again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tony Fong
    Tony Fong Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for the response. I never did enter the verification code because it looked suspicious. My Ally account stopped updating and I no longer saw the strange verification popups. I just did a manual reset. This time, the verification popup from Ally came up so I entered in the verification code from that and it worked fine. I'll continue watching for this but it was very strange.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Tony Fong said:
    Hi. Thanks for the response. I never did enter the verification code because it looked suspicious. My Ally account stopped updating and I no longer saw the strange verification popups. I just did a manual reset. This time, the verification popup from Ally came up so I entered in the verification code from that and it worked fine. I'll continue watching for this but it was very strange.
    @Tony Fong,

Understood. I am sorry to hear that the resolution and source of the issue remain somewhat unclear. I am happy that the account seems to be connecting to online banking services, nonetheless, and I appreciate the update regarding the situation that you were able to provide.

Please feel free to reach out if any additional issues should arise, or if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.