OnLine Center

Options
I made an error in the online center with the wrong payee, amount and date. In the Update/send area- I unchecked the box for it so it will not send. However, how to I delete it?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HI @sheria,

If there is a "transaction" in the "Online Center" that you do not want to send - you need to go to the actual register to delete the actual transaction.  To do that - open the account register that would have sent the proposed transaction > locate the actual transaction in the register > then "right-click" on the transaction in the "Payee" field and select "Delete" from the drop-down menu > then click "Yes".  This should delete the transaction from both the account register and from the "Online Center".

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• sheria
    sheria Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, but unfortunately when I tried to do this, Quicken said it was too late to cancel the transaction. ( It is schedule to be sent in 2 days) The message I received was that quicken cannot change a transaction once it is sent to processing. Now what can I do?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @sheria

Okay thanks for that additional information.  You won't be able to do anything within Quicken now to fix this, because of the timing, Quicken cannot change or cancel the transaction. 

Your only potential remedy would be to contact your bank and ask them to delete/cancel the payment.  Depending on the time frame, it is possible that the bank may be able to cancel it (but they may also charge you a fee to do it - so if they say they can make sure you ask if there is a fee).  If the bank says they also cannot cancel the payment, then the payment will go through. 

If the payment is to a vendor you use frequently, your account will be "overpaid" until you have additional charges and that's how it will also look in Quicken.  However, if it is a vendor that you rarely use, I would suggest that you contact them and ask that they refund the overpayment.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.