my investment accounts no longer show a register just charts

Options
I was updating all my accounts and noticed my investment accounts no longer show a register. I need that register and all I have are charts!

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @gconover37

It sounds like you may have inadvertently been switched from the "complete" investing to the new "Simple Investing Mode".  Other users have reported that certain updates to the application can "enable" Simple Investing when that hasn't been chosen by the user.  Obviously this should not happen.

To fix this, please take the following steps:

1) First make a backup of your datafile, just in case.
    2) Next for each account that has this problem, open the account register and click the "Gear" icon at the upper right > select "Edit account details" > and select "Complete" in the Tracking Method box.
    3) After completing the above for all accounts that were changed - on the very top left of the screen Click on the "Edit" dropdown > select "Preferences" > click on "Investment Transactions" > and then un-check the "Enable Simple Investing" box > then click "OK".

This should fix your issue.  Let me know how that goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @gconover37

It sounds like you may have inadvertently been switched from the "complete" investing to the new "Simple Investing Mode".  Other users have reported that certain updates to the application can "enable" Simple Investing when that hasn't been chosen by the user.  Obviously this should not happen.

To fix this, please take the following steps:

1) First make a backup of your datafile, just in case.
    2) Next for each account that has this problem, open the account register and click the "Gear" icon at the upper right > select "Edit account details" > and select "Complete" in the Tracking Method box.
    3) After completing the above for all accounts that were changed - on the very top left of the screen Click on the "Edit" dropdown > select "Preferences" > click on "Investment Transactions" > and then un-check the "Enable Simple Investing" box > then click "OK".

This should fix your issue.  Let me know how that goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• gconover37
    gconover37 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That worked beautifully!
This discussion has been closed.