When I right click on the dock which file is the current one?

MyQuser4321
MyQuser4321 Member ✭✭
I use Quicken Deluxe on my iMac. When I right click on the Q icon in the dock, I get a list of datafile names. There is only one that is current and up to date. 1. Which one is the right one? 2. Why are there any others? See attached image.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    I use Quicken Deluxe on my iMac. When I right click on the Q icon in the dock, I get a list of datafile names. There is only one that is current and up to date. 1. Which one is the right one? 2. Why are there any others? See attached image.
    @MyQuser4321, you can click on the red "Q" in the top right corner of your Quicken window, which will tell you the name of the file you currently have open and let you see the actual location of the file in Finder should you need that information:

Also, you can clear out the list of old/outdated file names that you see when you right-click on the dock by going to the File menu at the top of your screen, selecting "Open Recent", then clicking "Clear Menu". This will leave only your current file in that list, and will also clear out the list you showed in your screenshot from right-clicking on the Quicken icon in the dock.

Hope that helps!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MyQuser4321

Thank you for taking the opportunity to discuss this issue with us here on the Quicken Community.

In Quicken Mac, you should be able to navigate to File > Open Recent in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. The first file at the top should be the most recent. The others beneath it will be listed as the most recent going down to the most distantly opened.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    @MyQuser4321, you can click on the red "Q" in the top right corner of your Quicken window, which will tell you the name of the file you currently have open and let you see the actual location of the file in Finder should you need that information:

Also, you can clear out the list of old/outdated file names that you see when you right-click on the dock by going to the File menu at the top of your screen, selecting "Open Recent", then clicking "Clear Menu". This will leave only your current file in that list, and will also clear out the list you showed in your screenshot from right-clicking on the Quicken icon in the dock.

Hope that helps!
  • MyQuser4321
    MyQuser4321 Member ✭✭
    You told me a different way to find the current file. I can use that and see the name of the current file. I asked which of those on the list I showed you is the current file. So now I can know the name of the current file, but all the files on the list (or almost all) have the same name. So which of the files that appear when I right click on the icon in the dock, is the most recent?
  • MyQuser4321
    MyQuser4321 Member ✭✭
    Wow! Thanks Austin, you told me what I needed to know. I can clear all the other files and know that the one that remains is the only one current datafile I need. No matter how I look it up.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Wow! Thanks Austin, you told me what I needed to know. I can clear all the other files and know that the one that remains is the only one current datafile I need. No matter how I look it up.
    You're welcome! Best of luck moving forward.  :)
This discussion has been closed.