Accounts switched (Q Mac)

Options
Haverty
Haverty Member ✭✭
I have a Fidelity brokerage account and a Fidelity checking account. Suddenly for no apparent reason the accounts switched. My brokerage account shows up under my checking account and my checking account shows up under my brokerage account.
I'm using Big Sur 11.6.4 My Quicken is Deluxe version 6.6.1

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haverty said:
    I have a Fidelity brokerage account and a Fidelity checking account. Suddenly for no apparent reason the accounts switched. My brokerage account shows up under my checking account and my checking account shows up under my brokerage account.
    I'm using Big Sur 11.6.4 My Quicken is Deluxe version 6.6.1
    Hello @Haverty

I am sorry to hear about this issue with transactions being downloaded into the wrong accounts. Thank you for taking the chance to converse with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Just to confirm: transactions associated with Account A are now appearing in the register for Account B, and vice versa, correct? Be sure to save backups frequently when using Quicken by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Given that this has been done often, I recommend restoring from a backup saved just prior to when this issue emerged to see if the behavior persists. You can do this by going to the same menu and selecting Restore from Backup...

I look forward to hearing back from you, and hope to continue working with you on this issue in the future.

Best regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • Haverty
    Haverty Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,
    I was able to install a Jan 2022 backup. It took several trys to get the brokerage account to sync up. I tried to download files but the Quicken account wouldn't let me change the user name. I finally figured out that the only way to do it was to delete the account and start over. That seems to have worked. I think all my files have been downloaded.
    Thanks for the help
This discussion has been closed.