"Activation code" for an online dowload from quicken.com - Canada

I change computer recently and Quicken ws working prperly, but now I am being asked to enter my "Activation code". I don't have one since I downloaded my Quicken from quicken.com. My "Starter" subscription is up to date. I was able to re-downlaod Quicken from my active account without problem, but it won't let me open my file without an "Activation code" !
When I click "File" and "select File menu > Validate and Repair File", and I check the "Validate file" box, I don't see "Authentication block will be fixed". Doing that did not help.
I did the "Mondo" patch update.
I changed recently the e-mail address of my account, but it was working normally for a while after that and I don't receive any error message about that.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @"Jean-Patrice ,

When you changed your Email Address, you also changed your Quicken User ID. The process of changing your Email Address, online, does not change your Quicken User ID in your Quicken data Files. This is why you need to change your Quicken User ID, as described above.

You need to do this for all Quicken Data Files. You did verify your New Email Address with Quicken?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• The Menu "Edit" does not existe in that window asking for the Acitvation code, just "File" and "Help"... Anyway, I noticed that the website was acting strangely and than quicken.com was no longer accessible... This morning the server is accessible and I can access my file. However, I cannot import my web connect files from my banking institution (QFX file). It was also the case yesterday before I stop having access to my Quicken file.
    Is it because fo Quicken ?
  • I did what you suggest (now that I can access my file) and I can import my web wiles now. So, all seems to be Ok. Thanks !!
  • * web files
This discussion has been closed.