Why are line entries on my reminders repeated more that once?

Totals not matching for each entry. The whole process is messed up. And I did nothing to cause this.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Totals not matching for each entry. The whole process is messed up. And I did nothing to cause this.
    Hello @crazy1diamond

I am sorry to hear about this issue with reminders being duplicated. Thank you for reaching out and seeking assistance on the Quicken Community. 

When did this issue occur? Are you seeing this across multiple accounts and account types? Be sure to save backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. If you restore from a backup saved prior to the emergence of the problem by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned before, are you still noticing the same behavior?

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • drdeb
    drdeb Member
    I am having this exact same issue, just started a month or two ago for no reason that i can see. I went in and edited all the reminders to correct them, but when I returned the line items were all duplicated again!! :-( It is happening on all reminders that are Split, does not happen to reminders that are single line item. Happens to reminders involving both income and bills, and across accounts. Any reminder that has a Split. Dont want to restore from a backup, because I will lose a couple months worth of transactions that would be a nightmare to find and reenter. I do use Sync to store data in cloud. Help! :-o
  • Quicken Jared
    drdeb said:
    I am having this exact same issue, just started a month or two ago for no reason that i can see. I went in and edited all the reminders to correct them, but when I returned the line items were all duplicated again!! :-( It is happening on all reminders that are Split, does not happen to reminders that are single line item. Happens to reminders involving both income and bills, and across accounts. Any reminder that has a Split. Dont want to restore from a backup, because I will lose a couple months worth of transactions that would be a nightmare to find and reenter. I do use Sync to store data in cloud. Help! :-o
    Hello @drdeb

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for reaching out and seeking additional information in this discussion.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also, are you noticing duplications of transactions in your register, as well?

I am eager to hear your replies.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • drdeb
    drdeb Member
    Thanks Jared - oddly, when I "show this file" it seems to point to a data file from yesterday, which oddly is stored in a subfolder I have named Quicken 2020, within Documents/Quicken. Not sure what that means . . . And yes, when I execute a reminder, then all the duplicated data ends up in the actual transaction as well . . .
  • Quicken Jared
    drdeb said:
    Thanks Jared - oddly, when I "show this file" it seems to point to a data file from yesterday, which oddly is stored in a subfolder I have named Quicken 2020, within Documents/Quicken. Not sure what that means . . . And yes, when I execute a reminder, then all the duplicated data ends up in the actual transaction as well . . .
    @drdeb

I apologize that you are still experiencing this problem. Thank you for keeping in contact with me about this.

Have you tried Validating your data file? First, save a backup once more and then go back into the same menu and follow the instructions below, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I am looking forward to your reply, after you have attempted these steps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • drdeb
    drdeb Member
    OK. Here are results of Validate and Repair:
    File: "C:\Users\DrDeb\Documents\Quicken\Quicken 2020\Quicken2012-10-91"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

8 scheduled transactions corrected
    Maximum security reference: 1, number of securities: 1.
    Minor problems with Tags corrected
    Category "Not Sure, Biz" re-assigned from "Personal Expenses" category group to "Business Expenses" category group.

[Mon Apr 11 16:46:02 2022]
    Reset all printer settings.

[Mon Apr 11 16:46:03 2022]
    Rebuilt investing lots.
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.

Also a bunch of references to files that no longer exist, but did not see any issues there.

This time when I closed Quicken I did NOT ask it to sync with cloud . . . and when I came back in the reminders seemed to have maintained my edits. So then I wondered if there is some bug in the Sync process . . . so I closed Quicken again and this time I DID ask it to sync . . . then I reopened and MOST of my edits to my reminders persisted correctly (line items in the split were NOT duplicated) although oddly it did change the day of the month on some of them . . . so maybe the validate and repair worked (mostly). We will see what happens going forward, no news will be good news! Thank you!
  • Quicken Jared
    drdeb said:
    OK. Here are results of Validate and Repair:
    File: "C:\Users\DrDeb\Documents\Quicken\Quicken 2020\Quicken2012-10-91"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

8 scheduled transactions corrected
    Maximum security reference: 1, number of securities: 1.
    Minor problems with Tags corrected
    Category "Not Sure, Biz" re-assigned from "Personal Expenses" category group to "Business Expenses" category group.

[Mon Apr 11 16:46:02 2022]
    Reset all printer settings.

[Mon Apr 11 16:46:03 2022]
    Rebuilt investing lots.
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.

Also a bunch of references to files that no longer exist, but did not see any issues there.

This time when I closed Quicken I did NOT ask it to sync with cloud . . . and when I came back in the reminders seemed to have maintained my edits. So then I wondered if there is some bug in the Sync process . . . so I closed Quicken again and this time I DID ask it to sync . . . then I reopened and MOST of my edits to my reminders persisted correctly (line items in the split were NOT duplicated) although oddly it did change the day of the month on some of them . . . so maybe the validate and repair worked (mostly). We will see what happens going forward, no news will be good news! Thank you!
    @drdeb,

It is my pleasure to be of assistance, and I am happy that the issue seems to have been resolved. I am grateful that you took the opportunity to follow up again and provide further details and update us about what happened.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.