Numerous Quicken balance errors

dzm
dzm Member
I just spent my day double-checking Quicken entries against my bank statements.
Quicken adds transactions I did not enter.
Quicken deletes transactions I know for a fact I did enter.
Quicken Find cannot find transactions that I know I entered and that show up later.
Confirmed previously balanced statement dates are no longer balanced.
Quicken makes errors in calculating balances: e.g. balance of 6856.14 minus withdrawal 65.61 gives me a balance of 7356.14
What is the point of having Quicken if it takes me more time to balance my accounts than using a spreadsheet???

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    dzm said:
    I just spent my day double-checking Quicken entries against my bank statements.
    Quicken adds transactions I did not enter.
    Quicken deletes transactions I know for a fact I did enter.
    Quicken Find cannot find transactions that I know I entered and that show up later.
    Confirmed previously balanced statement dates are no longer balanced.
    Quicken makes errors in calculating balances: e.g. balance of 6856.14 minus withdrawal 65.61 gives me a balance of 7356.14
    What is the point of having Quicken if it takes me more time to balance my accounts than using a spreadsheet???
    Hello @dzm,

I am sorry about these issues with balances that you are noticing. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community regarding these problems.

I do have some questions for you before I recommend any additional troubleshooting steps. Are you noticing these discrepancies in the register balances, or exclusively in the Reconcile window? How many financial institutions are affected, and which ones? Also, when did this issue begin?

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.