I can't update accounts using one step update after updating password on account

Anitabryk2
Anitabryk2 Member ✭✭
I have version R39.23, build 27.1.39.23 W10
I have tried all your steps [deactivate, reactivate/deactivate, add] and even waited until the next to try again. The fix only got one account to update, the remaining did not [I have checking/savings].
Updating your password in this world of hacking threats, should not be this difficult. I even tried creating a new Quicken File to make sure it wasn't Citibank, but that was not an issue. The accounts downloaded. I should not need to use this other file as I would then have to add all my other accounts, including the investment accounts and mortgage.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Anitabryk2

What happens when you try to connect?  Do you get any error codes?  I note that Citibank is one of the financial institutions you are having problems with - are there any others?  Are you seeing any other strange behavior with your datafile?

The fact that you CAN connect using a new file suggests that the problem may be a corrupt datafile.  I would suggest that you consider performing a datafile validation by following the instructions in this LINK. You should go directly to step "Fourth, Copy your file and validate.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Anitabryk2
    Anitabryk2 Member ✭✭
    Hi - I had also tried validating and while it found some entry issues, it did not indicate it was damaged. The only thing that has changed from one day to the next was that I changed the password on my bank account. There are no error codes. I just doesn't download the transactions for my 3 other accounts, that I know are there and should have downloaded. No other accounts were affected, just Citibank.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Anitabryk2

Please open the register of one of the "3 other accounts" (that you know will have transactions that have not downloaded yet) > then click on the "Gear icon in the upper right of the screen > then click on "Edit account details" and then on the "Online services" tab:

a) at the top, does it indicate that the account "is setup for transaction download"?
    b) if so, click on the "Reset Account" button > then enter your password and click "OK".
    c) after Quicken connects to the bank and finds the account > in the pop-up make sure the "used for" information is correct and that the "Action" is "Link to existing account" > then click on the "Next" button;
    d) it will then reset the link and return to the "Online services" tab - make sure there is a green check mark next to the "Reset account" button > then click "OK"

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Anitabryk2
    Anitabryk2 Member ✭✭
    I had already tried that and it did not work. I finally tried opening the prior days back up and that seems to have worked. I still think Quicken needs to look into the issue when updating an online password as when I initially researched there seems to be quite a few posts regarding it.
This discussion has been closed.