Account Validation Required to pay a Chase Amazon card from a Chase checking account?

Larry4
Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
I often receive an "account validation required" error message to pay a Chase Amazon card from a Chase checking account, and when that happens indeed it doesn't get paid.  I've found that if I retry the payment in the same session, no error message and the payment is made.  Anyone else experiencing this or have a suggestion? 

I've reviewed the Quicken Support article on the subject (https://www.quicken.com/support/quick-pay-error-payment-account-declined-validate-your-bank) and there is no "add a pay from" account choice.  Even if there was, it makes no sense for Chase to validate itself in order to pay itself.  Help?  

Running Win10, version R39.23, build 27.1.39.23 today but this has occurred since January and so in whatever versions have been released since then.  My account is authorized with Chase security for Quicken, validation/super-validation shows no errors today, and no errors that I recall since January.  

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Larry4 said:
    I often receive an "account validation required" error message to pay a Chase Amazon card from a Chase checking account, and when that happens indeed it doesn't get paid.  I've found that if I retry the payment in the same session, no error message and the payment is made.  Anyone else experiencing this or have a suggestion? 

I've reviewed the Quicken Support article on the subject (https://www.quicken.com/support/quick-pay-error-payment-account-declined-validate-your-bank) and there is no "add a pay from" account choice.  Even if there was, it makes no sense for Chase to validate itself in order to pay itself.  Help?  

Running Win10, version R39.23, build 27.1.39.23 today but this has occurred since January and so in whatever versions have been released since then.  My account is authorized with Chase security for Quicken, validation/super-validation shows no errors today, and no errors that I recall since January.  
    Hello @Larry4,          

I am sorry to hear about this problem with account validation screens. Thank you for getting in contact with the Quicken Community in order to speak about this matter.

Are you using QuickPay in order to make this payment? What steps are you taking, exactly? It is possible that changes have recently been made to the UI of the Chase Amazon account profiles, but we can revisit this, later.

I look forward to your answers, and hope to work with you on this in the future, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larry4 said:

Hi @Larry4 ,

Is your Chase Checking Account Register, set up for Direct Connect? Direct Connect Connection is the only way to upload checks to be paid, if you are using Chase Bill Pay?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi, I am using QuickPay, not using Chase BillPay.  As far as steps, when I get a new bill I select Quick Pay, verify the amounts and dates, and submit it.  Same process when it decides that an account validation is needed as when it doesn’t.  And it’s the same online account and connection method for both as it is the same bank, everything that supports Direct Connect is set up to use it including Chase. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About your Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

This discussion has been closed.