Issues connecting with Alight (Accenture) 401k

Matt
Matt Member ✭✭✭
I've had an older Accenture 401k in Quicken for at least the last 8+ years as it transitioned from Hewitt over to Alight. It's been working great until about one month ago when it just stopped working and nothing I do can make it work.

If I try to update transactions on this account it immediately fails with "An error has occurred" and gives me an OL-220-A error. If I try to reset the account it also immediately fails and says "Quicken could not complete the account reset." If I try to delete the connection information and enter it again, or add a new account for Alight, it similarly fails immediately. That one says "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"

I'm entering in the login info in the proper format - username-companyID and password (nothing has changed here). I can login to the website with the username and password without any issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? Manually updating the transactions and fund prices is getting old. :)

Using Quicken Premier for Windows R38.30 Build 27.1.38.30 on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Just a quick bump to see if anyone else has seen this or has any thoughts. I've been using Quicken for many years and this is the first time I've seen this behavior with any account.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Matt said:
    I've had an older Accenture 401k in Quicken for at least the last 8+ years as it transitioned from Hewitt over to Alight. It's been working great until about one month ago when it just stopped working and nothing I do can make it work.

If I try to update transactions on this account it immediately fails with "An error has occurred" and gives me an OL-220-A error. If I try to reset the account it also immediately fails and says "Quicken could not complete the account reset." If I try to delete the connection information and enter it again, or add a new account for Alight, it similarly fails immediately. That one says "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"

I'm entering in the login info in the proper format - username-companyID and password (nothing has changed here). I can login to the website with the username and password without any issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? Manually updating the transactions and fund prices is getting old. :)

Using Quicken Premier for Windows R38.30 Build 27.1.38.30 on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance!
    Hello @Matt,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with your 401k accounts. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community regarding this problem.

What connection method are you using to attempt to link or add your accounts? You can check this by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking Edit. Navigate to Online Services and look under Online Setup.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    It's set up as Direct Connect for the connection method. In addition, Alight makes this document available to help with setting up Quicken (https://seven.was.alight.com/quicken/DCQuicFaqs.pdf) but I'm already doing what it says regarding using the username-companyID as the login just like I have for many years.

I appreciate any help you can provide.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Matt said:
    It's set up as Direct Connect for the connection method. In addition, Alight makes this document available to help with setting up Quicken (https://seven.was.alight.com/quicken/DCQuicFaqs.pdf) but I'm already doing what it says regarding using the username-companyID as the login just like I have for many years.

I appreciate any help you can provide.
    @Matt,       

I see. Thank you for providing those answers for me.

Unfortunately, this connection method will require guidance from an Alight representative for further troubleshooting. You can read more about error messages such as the one you describe in the support article linked below:

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-ol-220-ol-221-ol-222-ol-223-ol-224-ol-225-or-ol-226-when-using-online-services

Note that it may be necessary to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team as these personnel may be more familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • treznor
    treznor Member
    Not sure if the OP is still seeing this or not, but I'll post here in hopes that this is more visible in the future.

A couple weeks ago I started getting errors with my Quicken-Alight connection. I'm fairly certain it was an expired password. When I updated the password I could login on the Alight website with no issue but could not via Quicken. I tried updating my password, resetting the account, deleting the online services in the account and re-adding, but kept getting errors.

I finally found a reddit post somewhere that gave me the solution. Apparently Quicken doesn't like special characters in the password it sends Alight. It doesn't have this issue (for me anyway) with other accounts, but apparently it does for Alight. I updated my Alight password to not have any special characters in it and the Quicken data pull from Alight went smoothly after that.
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    [Removed - Language], thank you @treznor!! Thank you so much for following up because I just changed my password to exclude special characters and sure enough Quicken could connect without a problem. Great find, thank you so much!

[Removed - Off Topic]

Thank you again!
This discussion has been closed.