Payee & Memo Columns [edited for readability]

Options
Bill Burns
Bill Burns Member
Ticket ID number 9328809 was not resolved. Following the advice from the Chat session, I went back to a backup dated 02/22/2022 and brought forward the check register enters up to 03/22/2022. The same problem occurred.

The problem is that after 02/22/2022 it appears Quicken was updated causing enters that use to appear in the Payee column to now appear in the Memo column. Recently on
one occasion both the Payee and Meno columns contain only the words “External Withdrawal”, a blank Category column and the debt amount.

From this information it is impossible to determine what company/institution is debiting my checking account. With this problem, I will have to search online from numerous billings to determine where the billing came from and then fill in the Category column for
identification.

Prior to this update problem, the correct identification would appear in the Memo column. I have not made any changes to the Quicken program.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Ticket ID number 9328809 was not resolved. Following the advice from the Chat session, I went back to a backup dated 02/22/2022 and brought forward the check register enters up to 03/22/2022. The same problem occurred.

The problem is that after 02/22/2022 it appears Quicken was updated causing enters that use to appear in the Payee column to now appear in the Memo column. Recently on
    one occasion both the Payee and Meno columns contain only the words “External Withdrawal”, a blank Category column and the debt amount.

From this information it is impossible to determine what company/institution is debiting my checking account. With this problem, I will have to search online from numerous billings to determine where the billing came from and then fill in the Category column for
    identification.

Prior to this update problem, the correct identification would appear in the Memo column. I have not made any changes to the Quicken program.
    Hello @Bill Burns,                   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with Payee information being switched to the Memo column. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Just to be clear, were you noticing the same program behavior when restoring from backups saved prior to 2/22/22? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen so that they are available in situations such as this. Also, are you noticing information missing from the Memorized Payee List?

I look forward to hearing your answers, should you have the chance to speak with us again on the Quicken Community in the near future.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared   

This discussion has been closed.