Error importing transactions

NicoD
NicoD Member
Hi,
I was using Quicken windows until February. I have almost 10 years of data (accounts in multiple currencies, investment, mortgage, cards, etc.)
When I import data to Quicken Mac I don't know where but all amounts are incorrect. I've traced one account to a transaction in 2018 but it doesn't make sense. Almost all accounts are wrong. I have MANY accounts and I don't want to go over every single one of them.
I've tried removing all transactions using backup but it doesn't really work.
That version of quicken windows only synced 3 account to the web.
I'm considering starting over from scratch but that'd be really bad. Bad enough to consider starting somewhere else. Even an excel file sounds better...
I open the file in an Azure VM using Quicken windows and it works. Import process doesn't throw any error...
What else can I try?

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    NicoD said:
    Hi,
    I was using Quicken windows until February. I have almost 10 years of data (accounts in multiple currencies, investment, mortgage, cards, etc.)
    When I import data to Quicken Mac I don't know where but all amounts are incorrect. I've traced one account to a transaction in 2018 but it doesn't make sense. Almost all accounts are wrong. I have MANY accounts and I don't want to go over every single one of them.
    I've tried removing all transactions using backup but it doesn't really work.
    That version of quicken windows only synced 3 account to the web.
    I'm considering starting over from scratch but that'd be really bad. Bad enough to consider starting somewhere else. Even an excel file sounds better...
    I open the file in an Azure VM using Quicken windows and it works. Import process doesn't throw any error...
    What else can I try?

Thanks!
    Hello @NicoD

I am sorry to hear about this issue with transaction downloads. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community for support.

I want to be sure I understand; are you noticing issues with connecting accounts to online banking services, in addition to difficulties with importing transactions? 

Also, where is your current data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

Lastly, have you tried validating your data file? First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned previously. Next, move through the following instructions, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I appreciate any response you are able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.