Anyone have experience with syncing Bank of America accounts with ?

Options
I am puzzled by what's happened with my BofA accounts synced to Quicken. There are 4 accounts. All were uploaded in my Quicken with a problem initially. Recently I did a one-step update and 3 were synced correctly, but the balance in the 4ith one is not correct. It is way off from what BofA shows is the current balance. In recent days before the update, I did 4 online BofA transfers for that account. Two were transfers OUT and into one of the other accounts. Then I made 2 transfers INTO the account (from a 3rd account.) The 2 transfers OUT show are listed as "payments", thus a decrease in the overall balance. the two transfers IN (even though they show in the "deposit" column) Quicken shows the action as a decrease and as a result, the balance in the account is off by more than $4000. I called BofA and they don't anyone who helps with Quicken. Is it possible to completely delete the account that is incorrect? I guess I'd have to live with only 3 of my BofA accounts showing in my Quicken. Just forget the account and manage it on paper without using Quicken? Inconvenient and frustrating. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and what I can do? Thanking you in advance.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mahanta12 said:
    I am puzzled by what's happened with my BofA accounts synced to Quicken. There are 4 accounts. All were uploaded in my Quicken with a problem initially. Recently I did a one-step update and 3 were synced correctly, but the balance in the 4ith one is not correct. It is way off from what BofA shows is the current balance. In recent days before the update, I did 4 online BofA transfers for that account. Two were transfers OUT and into one of the other accounts. Then I made 2 transfers INTO the account (from a 3rd account.) The 2 transfers OUT show are listed as "payments", thus a decrease in the overall balance. the two transfers IN (even though they show in the "deposit" column) Quicken shows the action as a decrease and as a result, the balance in the account is off by more than $4000. I called BofA and they don't anyone who helps with Quicken. Is it possible to completely delete the account that is incorrect? I guess I'd have to live with only 3 of my BofA accounts showing in my Quicken. Just forget the account and manage it on paper without using Quicken? Inconvenient and frustrating. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and what I can do? Thanking you in advance.
    Hello @Mahanta12

I am sorry about this problem with transfers incorrectly syncing. Thank you for taking the chance to draw our attention to this issue here on the Quicken Community.

What connection method are you using to link or add your accounts? You can check this anytime by going to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen and looking under the Transaction Download column associated with the affected account. 

Also, it is possible to remove the account altogether, but I recommend saving a backup before doing so by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You can then right-click on the account in the Account List on the left-hand panel of the Quicken screen and select Edit/Delete Account > Delete Account. Type yes to confirm this action.

I hope to hear more from you about this in the future.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • Mahanta12
    Mahanta12 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I followed the Tools>Acct. List and under the Transaction Download column for all three of the 3 accounts it reads: "Yes (improve connection)." What does this tell me?
    Is there a way to delete the incorrect account and then reload it into Quicken again from BofA, with the idea that maybe it will sync correctly the next time?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mahanta12 said:
    I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I followed the Tools>Acct. List and under the Transaction Download column for all three of the 3 accounts it reads: "Yes (improve connection)." What does this tell me?
    Is there a way to delete the incorrect account and then reload it into Quicken again from BofA, with the idea that maybe it will sync correctly the next time?
    @Mahanta12

I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Thank you for keeping in touch with me and working together with me on this issue.

Once you are in the Account List, you should be able to see a button that says Edit. After clicking this, go to the Online Services tab. Do you see anything next to Connection Method under the Online setup box in the screen that appears?

I hope that this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing from you again. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.