Citi Credit Cards will not connect

hcrock
hcrock Member ✭✭
For the past several weeks I've tried to connect to Citi Credit Cards but it will not accept my user name and password. I can sign onto Citi's website with no problems. Also, Quicken Mac subscription will not let me cut and paste the password into Quicken.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Re cut and paste: sometimes when you cannot use the keyboard shortcut Command-V to paste, you can still paste by right clicking and choosing Paste from the popup menu. Not sure it will work in this case.

You don't say which Financial Institution name you're connecting with. Generally Citi credit cards should use FI "Citi Cards", not "Citibank" or any of the other variations.

You don't say which connection method you're using. If you are using Quicken Connect (the default), try changing to Direct Connect. Click Change Connection Type and click the Options button in account Settings > Downloads. This is free for Citicards and faster and more reliable than Quicken Connect.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • hcrock
    hcrock Member ✭✭
    Cut and paste into the login for the bank does not work using any method including edit/paste. Citi Cards has a specific site which is the same site I've been using for many years.
  • hcrock
    hcrock Member ✭✭
    Ok, I think I've resolved the issue - I deleted the download through setup, then went to direct connect with citi cards and a message popped up that Citi had recently changed and requires that you go through there connection authorization via their website. I did and now seems to be working. It would have been nice if we had a message somewhere describing the need for re-approval to manage desktop apps.
  • hcrock
    hcrock Member ✭✭
    Manage Your Desktop Apps

Apps and websites that use your Citi credentials to access your Citi account information

You can permit apps and websites such as Quicken® and QuickBooks® Desktop to directly access your Citi account information on your behalf. Please note that QuickBooks® Online and QuickBooks® Self-Employed are managed in the Apps with Account Access page.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I vaguely recalled that when I first responded to your question and went to the Citi website to find it (unsuccessfully). They don't make it easy or obvious to find.

For anyone looking for it: click the Profile button top right on the website. Then click More Settings, then Manage Desktop Apps.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jz
    jz Member ✭✭✭
    Me too. Quicken could not connect to Citi and download transactions. I was using quicken download for years.

I tried switching to direct connect as described above, but I still got the same error without additional information.

I disconnected the account completely and then set it up again. I finally got a message that helped, see the attached screenshot and was able to connect.

Here is what I did:
    1. I logged into citi.com and then went to https://citi.com/datamanagement before you trying to connect with quicken. You have to complete the rest of the process in 10 minutes.
    2. I went through the setup again. There are lots of organizations that have "Citi" in the name, "Citi Cards" is the one that worked for me.
    3. You also have to specify "direct connect" as the connection type, "quicken download" does not work.

Hope this helps others.
This discussion has been closed.