T Rowe Price Download Issue - Unidentified Security

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Schwab downloads includes many to unidentified security.

Comments

• The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, I think I am having a similar issue with T. Rowe Price. Everything was working fine for my up through around June of last year and then all of a sudden, I start getting all of my downloads as Unidentified Security (or it will "match" on two other funds that are not even in that account).

I've had Quicken and T. Rowe Price pointing the finger at each other as to where the issue is coming from. When I create a new data file and then try to download T. Rowe Price into the new data file, everything downloads as Unidentified Security.

- Merg
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, I spoke with someone at Quicken Support to try to get some more information regarding this issue.

After analyzing the OFX Log, it appears that T. Rowe Price is not providing the correct CUSIP IDs.

For example, this is part of my log...

<SECID><UNIQUEID>BV<UNIQUEIDTYPE>CUSIP</SECID>

The "BV" is not correct for which fund this transaction is related. It looks like I need to get ahold of T. Rowe Price and figure out why these identifiers are incorrect for this one account there. Since the fund is downloading with the incorrect identifier, Quicken determines it is an Unidentified Security.

- Merg
This discussion has been closed.