I am unable to return to the dashboard after viewing an account in detail

BigSpender
BigSpender Member ✭✭
Is this a bug? I can open Quicken and view the modern dashboard and click on one of the cards, for example Investments to view it. But after viewing my investments, I am unable to return to the dashboard (main screen) to view other accounts. Has anyone encountered this?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Your Quicken main window should look similar to this:
    To return to the Dashboard click "Home" in the Tabs bar. If this opens to one of the other pages listed underneath Home, just click "Dashboard".

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @BigSpender

Can you give us some more information about exactly what happens when you attempt "to return to the dashboard"?  Are you getting an error code? any additional information will help us to help you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• BigSpender
    BigSpender Member ✭✭
    Hello Frankx! I contacted Quicken support today, and it was ridiculous! The solution is to make sure the tabs are showing under the View menu, otherwise you can't navigate back to the dashboard. Thank you for your kind response.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Hi again @BigSpender

Wow - that's interesting.  My tabs have always been showing , since like forever.  So I may have never suspected that to be the cause...

Glad that fixed it for you!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Your Quicken main window should look similar to this:
    To return to the Dashboard click "Home" in the Tabs bar. If this opens to one of the other pages listed underneath Home, just click "Dashboard".
  • I lost all of the tabs after accidentally hitting some random keys. I had to exit and reopen Quicken to get them back.
This discussion has been closed.