How do I use Quicken to manage HOA fees?

Is there an obvious best way to handle setting up and entering HOA fees per unit in Quicken? It appears that I can set up individual invoices or I can set up each unit as a rental unit with the fees as the rent. Does either way make it easier to manage?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @PMHOA Treasurer

You can enter the payment received in the "Business" Tab.  Just click on the down arrow on the "Create Invoice" button and click on "Receive a customer payment..." - see Snip below:

Let me know if you have any other followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @PMHOA Treasurer

I would suggest that you use the "Business" feature of Quicken Home, Business, and Rental Property, because you really don't need all the bells & whistles that are used for rental properties in the RP module.  The HOA is more akin to tracking "club memberships" and the Q reporting function should be more than adequate for reporting to the HOA membership on the status of the organization.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Thanks for the feedback. I've set up invoices in the Business section but I can't see how to show them as paid and get the money into the basic account. I see that in the Rental property set up if I show the rent as paid the money shows as an addition in the basic account. Is there a place I'm missing to show an invoice paid?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @PMHOA Treasurer

You can enter the payment received in the "Business" Tab.  Just click on the down arrow on the "Create Invoice" button and click on "Receive a customer payment..." - see Snip below:

Let me know if you have any other followups.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.